WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite G-Shocks that aren’t too popular or are underrated in our community? It could also just be a color way that isn’t seen often.

I like mostly squares such as the GW-5000 — which I reckon are fairly popular among us — but I’m curious about some under the radar favorites, maybe within last five years or older if you’d like. Photos, of course, are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
What are your favorite G-Shocks that aren’t too popular or are underrated in our community? It could also just be a color way that isn’t seen often.

I like mostly squares such as the GW-5000 — which I reckon are fairly popular among us — but I’m curious about some under the radar favorites, maybe within last five years or older if you’d like. Photos, of course, are welcome.

It's my oldest and definitely my most treasured. I wear it several times each week.

My Dad's 2003 model year G-7000D 8V qw2804
Watch Clock Nickel Font Watch accessory

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot about the Gulfman. I always wanted to try that one out. One old favorite I never got a chance to own is the Riseman.

I may hunt for one in good condition. Image from the Google (Bike radar).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I forgot about the Gulfman. I always wanted to try that one out. One old favorite I never got a chance to own is the Riseman.

I may hunt for one in good condition. Image from the Google (Bike radar).

Love my Riseman - you just can't kill it. It's been through a ton of stuff and it just keep going....

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

I think the GLX g-lide squares don't get the kudos they deserve.
I'm guessing probably because they are not solar or mb6.
Aside from that shortcoming, they have the clearest display I've ever seen on a square. And the wave/tide graph on the top is really slick, and more dynamic than the GWX counterpart.

The GWX is a great G-Lide, and of course has solar and mb6, but not near as nice of a display.

There are many other underrated G-Shocks, but that's the one that pops into my head first.

Pictured below is my black one, with 5610 bezel and non-glossy band.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
I have one in mind, but will wait until I can get a good outdoor pic of it. It's one that I pretty much NEVER see on the forum here, but I like it a lot. (even tho I don't wear it too much - I'll explain that later) ;)

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
As well-known as the GW-5000 is among square enthusiasts I'm still going to say it's highly underrated, given the correlation between how awesome it is (IMO) and how many have yet to experience it and have no plan to.
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Watch accessory

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
Not sure if the gw-3000 is necessarily underrated, but I don't see them too often on here. I especially like the black one with orange lettering and arabics.
Watch Analog watch Arm Cloud Sky

Of the newer models, I think the gm-110s are very underrated. I actually really disliked the ga-110 resin models because thry just looked ridiculous on me due to the accordion lugs, but the metal versions wear very well, not just because they're significantly smaller, but also there lugless design.
Cloud Sky Mountain Flash photography Travel

Watch Cloud Sky Clock Wrist

Sky Cloud Plant Sports equipment Wood

I also really like the dw-5900s, but again don't see too many.
Watch Hand Clock Wood Plant

Last one I would add to the list is the gd-350. I don't currently own one, but it gets left off a lot of suggestion lists for whatever reason.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
This one of the nicest IMHO, DW-5735-D.

Obviously not as popular as the DW-5035, but still a lovely watch.

Not a pic of mine, I can't be bothered going back upstairs , taken from Google Images:

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 90 Posts