WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undone_logo_slogan_wht.jpg

Hi guys, greetings from Undone! Highly enhancing individuality, we treasure not only the watch but also the story behind each customised piece from our client. We have previously covered a few custom work from the Undone Fam around the globe, which showcased numbers of stunning and interesting Undone Aquas. In fact, besides working on clients’ orders, we also keen on teaming up with distinct artists/influencers to work on something that is extraordinarily special and message-oriented.

unnamed.jpg

Recently, we teamed up with Daniel Lau, who is the founder of Exthetics, the largest social movement for ‘Rooftoping’, which is a trending extreme sport where daredevils climb up skyscrapers for stunning photographs/videos. Sourcing talent from both parties, we came up with the Undone Exthetics Collection to all the folks who love or support this urban extreme sport.

IMG_9942.jpg
IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg
IMG_9978.jpg

Undone Exthetics Collection is highly influenced by the notion of skyscrapers. It can be seen with the case that features the concrete texture of buildings blended with Daniels’ favourite photos at the back of the case, which makes for a combination of design and attention to details.

For more details and looks of the Undone Exthetics Collection, make sure you drop by https://www.undone.watch/collection/watches/exthetics and customise your own by sending us your order and design!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I admire your dogged entrepreneurial determination. Really, I do.

But your attempt to market this product, a watch that appears to have been spray painted white, to a so-called "trending extreme sport" sounds, to me, at least, as more than a little desperate.

I'll wager that your company's marketing strategy meetings are "extraordinarily special and message-oriented."

---•••---•••---•••---•••---•••---
Killing Confusion By Eliminating Options.

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your comment! We will keep on innovating and moving forward, hope that one day you would become one of the Undone family.
I admire your dogged entrepreneurial determination. Really, I do.

But your attempt to market this product, a watch that appears to have been spray painted white, to a so-called "trending extreme sport" sounds, to me, at least, as more than a little desperate.

I'll wager that your company's marketing strategy meetings are "extraordinarily special and message-oriented."

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
‘Rooftoping’, which is a trending extreme sport where daredevils climb up skyscrapers for stunning photographs/videos.
Sport?

Nah.

It's illegal and unsanctioned. It involves trespassing and taking very large risks without any safety equipment. Not only do these people endanger their own lives, they endanger others, too. They could fall on an innocent person below and kill or seriously injure them. They can also damage property. If they get stuck (whether dead or alive), emergency crews will need to go get them. It's a very idiotic and dangerous thing to do just for an adrenaline rush and/or views/hits/likes/popularity on the Internet.

And Undone as a brand is endorsing this? Seems risky. And it also feels like forced edginess, trying to be a fellow kid.

I've looked into Undone watches and was just waiting for new models/cases to be launched. But this just puts the nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Thank you for your comment! We will keep on innovating and moving forward, hope that one day you would become one of the Undone family.
Again, no disrespect, but your response smacks of impersonal corporate doublespeak. Family? C'mon now, you sell watches, not religion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's illegal and unsanctioned. It involves trespassing and taking very large risks without any safety equipment. Not only do these people endanger their own lives, they endanger others, too. They could fall on an innocent person below and kill or seriously injure them. They can also damage property. If they get stuck (whether dead or alive), emergency crews will need to go get them.
Agreed.

It's a very idiotic and dangerous thing to do just for an adrenaline rush and/or views/hits/likes/popularity on the Internet.
This is an opinion. While I respect and empathize with your opinion, I've also looked at images/videos of these risk takers with awe and can empathize and respect what they do and why they do it. I've enjoyed the opportunity to see it. Not taking sides - just see both view points and wanted to add something positive to the thread.

I think the world would be a sad place if boundaries were never pushed, and that pushing boundaries is a part of human nature. Perhaps there is a more ethical and safer way to go about it, but then again that would probably take away from some of the purpose for these "rooftoppers." Many things that are considered at least somewhat respected today are just as risky, if not more so, such as climbing Everest etc.

I'm not totally sure about this watch but I kind of like how the "frosted" look of the dial goes with the white case.

cheers-

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think you have an interesting thing going on. For me, it'd be nice to see smaller size watches too. 45mm is too big for lots of folks. Cheers

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
Agreed.

This is an opinion. While I respect and empathize with your opinion, I've also looked at images/videos of these risk takers with awe and can empathize and respect what they do and why they do it. I've enjoyed the opportunity to see it. Not taking sides - just see both view points and wanted to add something positive to the thread.

I think the world would be a sad place if boundaries were never pushed, and that pushing boundaries is a part of human nature. Perhaps there is a more ethical and safer way to go about it, but then again that would probably take away from some of the purpose for these "rooftoppers." Many things that are considered at least somewhat respected today are just as risky, if not more so, such as climbing Everest etc.

I'm not totally sure about this watch but I kind of like how the "frosted" look of the dial goes with the white case.

cheers-
Yeah. I agree with all of your points. I don't know if you have kids or not, but it's kind of like catching your kid smoking a little pot. I get it. I'm not going to cry myself to sleep or pray to Jesus over it. But there needs to be a line drawn and message sent. Same with Rooftoppers. I get it. The thrill would be gone if it were sanctioned and they wore harnesses. But condoning it or even sponsoring it as a brand and company...?

Also, I would be lying if I said I haven't seen every Mustang Wanted video out on the internet. It's interesting to see these guys do what they do and remain cool as a cucumber when I would be shaking and pissing myself.

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate it!
Agreed.

cheers-

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you! What kinds of sports would you like to see the most?
Sport?

Nah.

It's illegal and unsanctioned. It involves trespassing and taking very large risks without any safety equipment. Not only do these people endanger their own lives, they endanger others, too. They could fall on an innocent person below and kill or seriously injure them. They can also damage property. If they get stuck (whether dead or alive), emergency crews will need to go get them. It's a very idiotic and dangerous thing to do just for an adrenaline rush and/or views/hits/likes/popularity on the Internet.

And Undone as a brand is endorsing this? Seems risky. And it also feels like forced edginess, trying to be a fellow kid.

I've looked into Undone watches and was just waiting for new models/cases to be launched. But this just puts the nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
717 Posts
To me, the whole individuality matters thing is way overdone as well. You/we aren't all special snowflakes in spite of what our mothers told us. I have no problem with someone pursuing a course in life that suits their personal interests and passions, but there's lots of people out there with that same passion. Your individuality really doesn't matter that damn much.

I'd encourage you to find a real slogan for the company that isn't dripping with connotations of the "everyone gets a participation trophy" generation.

The watch is kinda cool though. Makes me thing G-Shock for some reason with the stark white. Like a traditional diver style G-Shock aesthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts