WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Glasgow and had some time to kill before my train so I went to the argyle arcade, which is full of watch shops new and used. I saw in shop window that they had a bb58 blue on nato, I’m personally not a fan of watches on natos but decided to go in and try it on for size and about half an hour later of talking watches and trying different things on, he does the whole laptop thing and hums and haws, then tells me they have one blue on stainless steel in but it was already earmarked for a customer but I could try it on if I wanted. I’m pretty sure it was a sale trick because he soon said there wasn’t a financial commitment on it and I could have it if I wanted. I was after one regardless of sale pitch but it was nice not having to wait for one.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congratulations on a great looking watch.
That is an old sales technique. They get you excited about something, then take it away sort of making you want it even more, then making it look like they are doing you a favor by selling it to you. Why they would do that with a hard to get watch I do not know however in the end you got what you wanted.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Congrats! Any discount you received or only retail price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! It's crazy because I was in a similar situation as you but in NYC. I was trying on different watches at a AD The exact bb58 blue that you got and once I had it on my wrist, they were like ... yeah a customer is actually going to pick it up in 2 days but if you want it right now I'm open to letting you buy it today.

I didn't end up making the purchase like you did (although I wish I did)... I'm holding out for one in black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts