WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify the maker of this single button chronograph? I think it's 1940s and the seller wouldn't remove the caseback as they didn't want to damage the case.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
The ' A' in circle is listed in the trade mark index as:

Alliance Horlogere / Allianz Schweiz/UhrenKleinuhren und -gehäuse; Biel, Schweiz; registriert am 25.11.1910

Maybe its a brand or a union, Allianz means in German ( which was also spoken in Bienne ) Union in English. Maybe it was kind of a union of watchmakers who worked together and built this brand. Me, didn't hear this brand before, but the watch looks good to me.

Plus, my guess for its age would be 30's since it doesnt have the 3 min markers at the sub chrono and in the 40's two pusher chronos were existing and widely popular. The monopusher thing goes back to 1918 and until late 30's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I've done a bit of research but there is very little on the Alliance Horlogere brand. Would anyone like to estimate this watches' worth? It's up for £800 and I think that's a bit much but it seems too unusual to miss.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
You are very welcome.

Its a bit fishy though, that the seller won't remove the caseback to expose the movement, me personally won't throw 800 GBP into a watch what I dont know it cases. If he is a owner who knows his stuff, he better explains and shows.

The mono pushers are surfacing, not that rare - not that I am trying to sell it to you, but I have one for sale in bay - And I feel obliged if I want such an amount, I have to picture and phrase whatever I know.

The branding thing, the companies in the 20's and 30's were just not that fanatic to sign the bridges and dials as its now,I guess the concept of branding was in a different sphere as its now.It became more common during and after WW II. So this Alliance Horlogeri Union or brand might be just a generic brand or a commune type of union where they supported each other and produced timepieces for a short while and disappeared.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
I don't see myself paying a lot of money for a watch with an unknown movement

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's for sale in the window of a pawnbrokers I pass on my way to work. It's labelled as a 'Nano pusher' so I don't think they're that sure of what they've got a priced it at a guess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts