WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in Union Glashutte (Glashuette) watches, but there are no North American distributors that I know of.

What is my best course of action to acquire a Union Glashutte watch?

TIA |>

Stephen

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Check out http://www.chrono24.com/ which is a WUS sponsor.

Click on the search button. Then pull up a list under make/brand/model header. There are quite a few of the Union watches listed. Union watches are getting harder to find. Glashütte Original has decided to focus on the GO brand and movements for the time being. I don't think they put out a new Union watch this year. Basically production has been halted for now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out http://www.chrono24.com/ which is a WUS sponsor.

Click on the search button. Then pull up a list under make/brand/model header. There are quite a few of the Union watches listed. Union watches are getting harder to find. Glashütte Original has decided to focus on the GO brand and movements for the time being. I don't think they put out a new Union watch this year. Basically production has been halted for now.
Great, thanks Todd.

Would this shift in focus be a red-flag for anyone considering buying a Union Glashutte watch? i.e. could it be difficult to get service or parts in the future? :think:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Any AD for GO should be able to get parts and do the service. The movements are just lower end GO movements. I like the Union watches and like the look of them. I say go for it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any AD for GO should be able to get parts and do the service. The movements are just lower end GO movements. I like the Union watches and like the look of them. I say go for it.
Lower end, but by no means low end B-) They're all in-house, exceptionally well finished and very accurate. Glashutte certainly still support and sell these and I believe it was this year they introduced the 'small seconds' versions. Definitely recommended!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in Union Glashutte (Glashuette) watches, but there are no North American distributors that I know of.

What is my best course of action to acquire a Union Glashutte watch?

TIA |>

Stephen
Union glashutte has a website which lists both the factory phone and address as well as retailers on germany. You can contact either the factory or the retailers directly for purchase. I bought mine from the factory back in 2001 with no problems. They have people who speak english if you dont speak German

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have just found out through a google search the Arizona Fine Time now is an AD in the US for Union Glashutte.

I own 3 and I think there great. All the new watches have ETA movements but the older ones have in house or GO modified movements.

Dave Gesualdi

G

·
I....All the new watches have ETA movements but the older ones have in house or GO modified movements.....
Sorry to correct you. All Union movements have been made in-house by Glashütte. The only difference is that the Union movements have been less elaborated than those of GO. Just one example: The Union 26 is a GO 39 minus perlage, minus swan neck, minus screw balance.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry to correct you. All Union movements have been made in-house by Glashütte. The only difference is that the Union movements have been less elaborated than those of GO. Just one example: The Union 26 is a GO 39 minus perlage, minus swan neck, minus screw balance.
Both brands being part of the Swatch group, this makes sense.

G

·
Except for the current range, which use ETA movements.
I was referring to the last half of his sentence

All the new watches have ETA movements but the older ones have in house or GO modified movements.
Since 2008 we all do know that the current models are equipped with ETA base movements: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=878348.

Those are mounted and modified in Glashütte (rotor is made in Glashütte) to realize an added value of 50% in order to be able to sell the watches as being "MADE IN GLASHÜTTE".

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stephen,

I picked this guy up from an AD in Landeck, Austria earlier this year. It has a Union-modified 7753. I'm happy with it, go for it! :-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts