WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I found this watch in my house. My watchmaker says it's a good swiss watch and that it needs to be serviced (30$), but he has never seen this brand. Do you know something about it? Could I trade it for some wristwatch (seiko, citizen, orient)?
The watch is in working condition. There is just a few images of watches from this factory online.

Послато са SM-J730F уз помоћ Тапатока

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. The watch is a little bit of a mystery, I'm afraid. For a start, the easy bit is the movement: a generic Unitas Cal. 30 or derivative thereof:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Unitas 30

As for the brand, that's a little more difficult. According to Mikrolisk (Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index), Idox was a brand of Era Watch Co. of Biel, Switzerland. On the other hand, Union SA of Selzach and Solothurn (Soleure) was a separate company and apparently had nothing to do with Idox or Era Watch Co. I would therefore think it possible or even likely that the movement and rest of the watch didn't originally belong together (i.e. it is a "Frankenwatch"). In which case, the mariage (technical term for this) would have been done quite some time ago from what you say.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts