WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What is the difference between the basic 6498-2 and 6498-2 in MO?
I know that:
- blued screws
- screw balance (Glucydur or something else??)
- code geneve
- polished palette
- swan neck regulator (especialy made for MO?)

I think that is everything:roll:


filip
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ajlip said:
Hello,

What is the difference between the basic 6498-2 and 6498-2 in MO?
I know that:
- blued screws
- screw balance (Glucydur or something else??)
- code geneve
- polished palette
- swan neck regulator (especialy made for MO?)

I think that is everything:roll:


filip
+ "perlage" on base plate

btw: it´s not Code Geneve, it should be Cote de Geneve ;-)
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ajlip said:
I know, but "Code Geneve" is from Stowa site;-)
Nonetheless it´s wrong :) It´s "Cote de Geneve" or "Geneva stripes".

Tell me Mike something about "perlage", Balance wheel and spring (nivaflex/rox?)
The „perlage“ of the plates, a decoration though, can be done by hand or by machines. Here´s a pic from my latest Nomos visit showing the process.

Regarding Nomos watches the "perlage" correctly is called „Nomos Langeleist circular graining“.



Here you can see what "perlage" is about:



Regarding balance wheel and spring we have to wait until Jörg is back home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that Nomos is using little cnc machine, I prefer decorating by hand, but cnc is more easier.

So we can see perlage under balance wheel on MO.
Thanks

P.S. I'm interested in more pics from Nomos Glashuette.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
stuffler said:
... The „perlage“ of the plates, a decoration though, can be done by hand or by machines. Here´s a pic from my latest Nomos visit showing the process.

Regarding Nomos watches the "perlage" correctly is called „Nomos Langeleist circular graining“.

Here you can see what "perlage" is about:



...
In automotive contexts, the term "engine-turned" is used, often even when the work has been done by hand. Bugatti dashboards before the war were typically engine-turned; the revived Bugatti Veyron carries that treatment as well.

 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ajlip said:
I see that Nomos is using little cnc machine, I prefer decorating by hand, but cnc is more easier.

So we can see perlage under balance wheel on MO.
Thanks

P.S. I'm interested in more pics from Nomos Glashuette.
Feel free to have a look at our German Watches Forum, you´ll find the report there (with more pics :) ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Seems like a good place to ask:

What is the advantage of having a swan neck regulator? I am looking at both the MO and a MeisterSinger Scryto Unitas and the swan neck may be the only thing left to help me decide!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
My understanding is that is provides finer control of the speed adjustment. Plus, it's purdy....

Get the Stowa, you won't be disappointed, it is an excellent product. And a cool forum! And a cool guy (Jorg)! Plus, Meistersinger's logo looks like an eyebrow, and who wants a watch with an eyebrow on it? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
Just a detail, I don't think it's a 6498-2 but a 6498-1. The 6498-1 has a beat rate of 18,000 bph while the 2 has 21,600 bph.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Thank you, but I was asking who made the hair spring , that was used in a Unitas in MO (nivarox etc..) b-)
How could I know :think: you quoted ajlip "Tell me Mike something about "perlage", Balance wheel and spring (nivaflex/rox?)Thanks."


As to your question: Nivarox (hairspring) and Nivaflex (mainspring) are both made by Nivarox - FAR SA so both springs are Nivarox products (www.nivarox.ch).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top