·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it looks that way.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
never got into the whole "inside the wrist thing". but, yay for G's in the ranks of the FBI.

two of the guys i fight with are FBI. one wears a G (6900), the other a Timex Expedition.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wearing watches on the inside's how the special forces/FBI/CIA does it. Just imagine yourself holding a handgun, it's easier to check out the time with the watch facing inside compared to the "normal" outside.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love the fact that he's wearing it with a suit, and testifying before congress. Kind of flies in the face of conventional wisdom on "dress" watches. +1

-1 for wearing it nurse-style.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Wearing watches on the inside's how the special forces/FBI/CIA does it. Just imagine yourself holding a handgun, it's easier to check out the time with the watch facing inside compared to the "normal" outside.
No offense, but why exactly would one need to know what time is was while holding/aiming a gun?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
its no g-shock, as already mentioned its a dw-290, we had that pic before here on the forum :) nice watch by the way, very strong and cheap, dead cheap, and UGLY! has character at least...

·
Registered
826 Posts
So one can coordinate an arm take-down. You need to watch more CIA-type TV shows or movies. :)

No offense, but why exactly would one need to know what time is was while holding/aiming a gun?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Be careful of not getting profiled at LAX while going through security wearing your watch like that. Airport security can be pretty jumpy and have a weird-sense of imagination.

Oh man, i actually LIKE wearing watches under-wrist style...like Bruce Willis in those action movies!!!

Wearing under-wrist is supposed to be a "tough guy" thing i think...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
glad i kept reading. almost missed the sarcasm. :)

i've met one SEAL and one former Delta Force. worked with FBI, DEA, USM.

not one ever wore a watch 'inside' the wrist, even on raids.

the only guy i know that does is an engineer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.