WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Polerouter, 14K gold capped case. Movement is a 218-2 with micrometric adjustment of the regulator. It is in quite good condition. The dial can be a challenge to read in direct sunlight, so this is strictly an evening watch.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing. "Quite good condition" is an understatement; the case and dial look nearly flawless from the front!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Beautiful example of a stunning watch and movement.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I find delphine watch hands to be very visible in limited light... I had never considered the problem of reading the dial during bright light... I guess because I don't have a beautiful gold dial behind them.

Nice, quite beautiful watch.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. It is the best condition vintage wristwatch I have. In fact, it stands up well compared to my best condition pocketwatches.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
My first Polerouter, 14K gold capped case. Movement is a 218-2 with micrometric adjustment of the regulator. It is in quite good condition. The dial can be a challenge to read in direct sunlight, so this is strictly an evening watch.

Very nice. Interesting to see this watch with gold dial. I happen to have exactly the same watch, except that mine has a silver dial with crosshair. It dates to 1962. It is a nice "transitional" model, between the Polerouters from the 1950's and the 1960's. It still has the beautiful index ring, applied logo, and the caseback with engraving. The movement is still a (further improved) microtor.

Do you have a picture of the caseback as well ?

Congatulations and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I guess this gold one to be about the best of the Polerouters. I have a 215 maybe the first model? Nice condition and function. I do not know of a water resistant case for these, but this one has original screw on wrench flat edged glass back with gasket. I do not know of another 50+ year old glass back w.w. Screw on to prevent the thick glass breaking? It came from watchmaker-dealer selling shop eqpt. so maybe a demonstrater?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Art, your Polerouter has a 215 which was the first microtor, before that there was a short period with bumper auto. Your glass back case must have been custom made, maybe by the company or importer as a 'salesman case' to use a term from pocketwatch collecting? The bezel of it looks to be identical to a stock screw on caseback, like on mine. I need to take new pictures of the caseback, don't know what happened to the ones I had.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Fabulous. Considering the novelty factor of the microtor I think it very likely that a retailer, or even a wholesaler, would want a display back to emphasis the new movement.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Fabulous. Considering the novelty factor of the microtor I think it very likely that a retailer, or even a wholesaler, would want a display back to emphasis the new movement.
OH MAN I want a custom glass back for my vintages!

My Universal says hi. It's not a Polerouter but it features a (much later generation) microtor movement.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Art, your Polerouter has a 215 which was the first microtor, before that there was a short period with bumper auto. Your glass back case must have been custom made, maybe by the company or importer as a 'salesman case' to use a term from pocketwatch collecting? The bezel of it looks to be identical to a stock screw on caseback, like on mine. I need to take new pictures of the caseback, don't know what happened to the ones I had.
Does the screw thread back normally indicate water resistant or better case quality? Appreciate your opinion about the glass back. It was without strap in a box of many old watches, but may never have been used.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
superb watch with a superb movement

1 - 19 of 19 Posts