WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 28.9mm (12.75''') 7J movement that I'm trying to ID despite it missing numerous parts (including the balance cock and one of the three train bridges).

The movement is marked "Kleiner" and has "SFG" in an oval on the plate under the dial (the "SFG" is not a clear indentation so it might be something slightly different).

Does anyone know of a movement maker that is "SFG" or something similar that might have made a 12.75''' movement?

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,440 Posts
I'm sorry, I can't find that mark in an oval. The less commonly known SFG is Scheller Freres, Geneva (logo is "SFG" on a grandfather clock) and the more commonly known one is Schild Freres, Grenchen (=Eterna) but their SFG is in a coat of arms.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Is this one the same? Marked SFG in an oval.

536988960_o.jpg

536988977_o.jpg

Just bought it due to the interesting variation on a semi-hermetic case (and nice dial).

logo.jpg

Of course now I am interested in finding out too.

WRT to Eterna SA / Schild Freres & Co. (mikrolisk), it does bare a passing resemblance to this one on the dial side.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine's missing enough pieces that ID is likely to be impossible

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Did anyone get anywhere with this?

Mine looks like Bjohnson's.... all parts present.... just rusty!!

Typically, wanted this to be a font.... movement looked like the Font 26, dial looked in good shape... so this and another watch for a fiver, thought it could be usefull for parts!

Nope.... SFG under the dial! Interesting square bezel!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
So it might be usable, and you can send it to me
Did I say fiver.... I meant fifty........ Rare these watches :-!

(it is quite rusty, balance is shot.... other than that, its a beauty!)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
EDIT: Oh and Eterna never replied.
Why do you think its Eterna..... or even swiss? No Dial or movement seems to be marked 'swiss' anywhere (cant see yours or BH's dial)? As Hartmut says, the logo is different to this one....

Is 'Kleiner' as stated to be on the first one German?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts