WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family was moving to another town so while cleaning we found this watch in a box, my mom said she received it back when she was on university, so clearly its 30+ yrs old, I just dont know anything about it and i apsolutely can't find anything about this 'Schopf' maker, under that it says '25 rubis incabloc automatic', the watch is in very good condition and need only some careful cleaning, and yes, it works (well, in the end it is automatic...) I would be grateful for any information given about watch or the company, thanks!

Attachments

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Couldn't find anything about "Schopf" as far as watchmaking is concerned. Dial design dates the watch back to the 60s. Name sounds German so it might be a private label branding which then would lead to Schopf Mechanical Engineering, located in Ostfildern/Germany which isn't that far away from watch making centre Pforzheim.
Could be something like a jubilee watch for merited employees. On the other hand I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'd say late '60s. The date window wasn't seen much in the early part of the decade (outside Rolex at least) but was far more common in the second half.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts