WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is a watchmaker and does not know who made this pocket watch.
It is a hunter pocket watch.
He had it tested and it is 14KGF.
No numbers or initials on outside of movement.
serial no. 309570 on movement under dial
15 jewel
case no. 24896
under dust cover says warrented with crown and 5 point star upside down.
engraved inside lid JGB to ECB Dec 24 1884
has a lever set to pull out and use winder to adjust time.
no name on dial except weird initials I will try to describe and show in picture, but had trouble taking photo, so small.
Large W with 3 horizontal lines running through it i think is an E with lower case a,e and c found it the design.
pictures were all crap so here is a drawing I made of design on dial.

Hope this will help to find any info on this watch.
thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I have never seen that logo but that doesn't mean much...

Generally Swiss watches of this era are made 'cooperatively' with a common design being built of parts from many cottage industry level suppliers. Tracing such watches to a specific maker is difficult to impossible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that. I have been looking all over and seen thousands of watches and cant find anything else. What about puting a value on this watch?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
What type of watch is it? Lever? Cylinder? Verge? Swiss watches (for the most part) didn't have serial numbers, and typically said "Swiss" somewhere on the movement to comply with import laws. The ones that do have serial numbers can usually be traced one way or another, but pictures are pretty much a necessity; the bridge layout, balance design and winding mechanisms may provide clues. If you have the dial off, the keyless works is usualy the most distinctive part of the watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get more info. I have to get another camera. I can't get a close clear shot with mine. please be patient and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone following this post sorry for the delay. I have some good pics should help a lot. please any other information you might be able to give me would be great, thanks again. Other info on first post. This watch will be going on ebay within the week.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
just a guess which doesnt mean much but it looks like the dial says: W. E. or EW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so is there anymore more information anyone could give or maybe value and/or starting price? thank you

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Start at $1. It will auction up to what people are willing to pay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts