WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next watch will be the Silver Snoopy Award 50th anniversary piece!
Right now, it’s wishful thinking .
Am I being realistic in thinking I can acquire this watch at msrp , even if it might take a longgg wait,
Or is it unobtainable ?
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You have a higher chance of getting a GMT Pepsi than that of getting a Snoopy, especially if you in a US metro and aren't a major spender.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I’ve picked out my new wife. Am I being realistic or should I settle?

Nose Cheek Skin Lip Chin

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
My next watch will be the Silver Snoopy Award 50th anniversary piece!
Right now, it’s wishful thinking .
Am I being realistic in thinking I can acquire this watch at msrp , even if it might take a longgg wait,
Or is it unobtainable ?
View attachment 16361051
Go into the OB and show some interest. Keep checking in periodically and busting their apples, and maybe they'll come through. That's about the only thing you CAN do besides buying one for 30K+, which is absolutely f'in insane.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I've spent about 40k at my local OB (in NYC) and I've been on the waiting list (not the deposit list) for over a year now with no news.
If you've spent six figures at a single boutique, maybe you have a chance?
If you've never bought an Omega at all from the AD/OB, then theres little to no chance.

But apparently ADs and OBs are getting their 2022 allocation numbers in the coming weeks and people (over on a separate Omega forum) are hopeful..
Plus I guess we never know when Omega is planning to stop production.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I was at an AD last month and overheard a conversation. One of the sales reps told someone that their waiting list on the Snoopy was 80 people deep, and that he had never even seen a Snoopy come in. Omega is returning deposits for them from people who paid up front. The odds are nil.
Local AD told me exactly the same. I spent on a PO LE on 2019 and they still didn't even want to put my name down

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for you input everyone ,( and to the guys who want the perfect wife…best wishes!)
This Silver Snoopy is not an LE, like the first three, maybe in a few years interest will settle down a bit and it will be more available …
This is my hope!

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a good relationship with the Omega boutique I buy from. Not a huge spender but bought a small number of watches from them and known them for quite a few years. I wasn't on the list and happened to mention I'd be interested in the Snoopy if they could get me one when I went in one day. They had one in store (not on display) and sold it to me there and then.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think likely impossible but I believe in miracles.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Some of the fortunate ones that are getting them are flipping them for huge profit.( or at least trying ) That adds to the frustration for those that are true watch collectors that just want the watch to keep and enjoy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks for you input everyone ,( and to the guys who want the perfect wife…best wishes!)
This Silver Snoopy is not an LE, like the first three, maybe in a few years interest will settle down a bit and it will be more available …
This is my hope!
You probably have a good 4 years before Omega decides to or not to launch a 55th anniversary Snoopy Speedmaster.

Better get to work, start visiting OB’s, buying watches, making friends and schmoozing.

It may be possible but you have to be proactive about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts