WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
This is such an underrated dive watch it is truly unbelievable it does not get more respect from the dive watch community.

I have read lots of comments about how people don’t like the crosshairs line so common on Damasko watches.

Well here is a diagram of an actual Sub periscope:
View attachment 15840928

it doesn’t get more appropriate as a dial design element.... not to mention the cool as hell submarine engraved between the lugs.

Let’ also consider the tech Damasko has put into this watch with the crown system, Viton gaskets, and submarine steel.

Rolex would charge $10k minimum for a watch with this much tech.

You are underestimating...more like $15K...;)

But you are correct--they nailed the design elements on this watch...until they went to the DSub2 and DSub3. Why on earth would they, in today's market, ADD a mm to the case size, then take away the crosshairs, then move, and angle, the date window...ah well, they are still amazing watches, but think damasko missed something there on the design elements; hopefully they will go back to the DSub1 design, if and when they come out with a DSub4.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are underestimating...more like $15K...;)

But you are correct--they nailed the design elements on this watch...until they went to the DSub2 and DSub3. Why on earth would they, in today's market, ADD a mm to the case size, then take away the crosshairs, then move, and angle, the date window...ah well, they are still amazing watches, but think damasko missed something there on the design elements; hopefully they will go back to the DSub1 design, if and when they come out with a DSub4.
Was told by Damasko they will have a new DSub out in June. Cant wait.

Yes the Design of the DSub1 is so perfect in its simplicity...I guess the only thing that would make it better is if it was 1000 meters like the Sinn U1 but that is really inconsequential to 99.999% of the dive watch buying market.

I would also like a fitted silicone/rubber strap like the U1 has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, just joined the forum and recently became the proud owner of DSUB1.0019. I’m in Edinburgh, Scotland and the watch is absolutely stunning. I’m not sure when or even if I’ll wear any of my other watches again (perhaps after the summer months, for which the Dsub1 is so perfectly suited)

81 - 83 of 83 Posts