WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

I have been shopping my first Breitling and have gone from Navi's to a tu-tone Chronomat 44 on Gator. Then I just discovered the Chronospace Automatic - especially on mesh.

That is when it dawned on me that it would be helpful for us newbies to better understand the virtues of each of these model lines in a succinct manner. Are their price differences substantiated, what key features or history accompany each line etc.

Can you vets please chime in with your quick synopsis of whichever line you are most familiar (since you probably did lots of research on the one(s) you selected). Feel free to post a pic as well.

Questions:

1) Where does model line fit in the price against all lines? Is this price point justifiable?
2) What key features does it have - aesthetic and technical

Lines I see are:
Chronomat
Navitimer
Montbrillant
Superocean
Avenger
Colt
Transocean
Galactic
Professional
Bentley

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Was this a bad idea? All these looks and no posts LOL. I guess you guys all come in looking for the answers not ready to contribute. Clearly more of us newbies than vets on here!

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,448 Posts
And possibly the best place to find technical as well as descriptive information... Breitling - Instruments for Professionals You can also find pricing on the web site for all the various models and configurations. Another place is any local Authorized Dealer who will provide the latest "Chronolog" free of charge. Another suggestion would be to peruse our "Articles" section above the main Breitling forum here. ( Articles ) Enough reading and information provided to keep newbies and vets alike busy for quite some time... ;-) :-!
Best,
Ron

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Perhaps posting on new years day and expecting a quick response was a bad idea. Perhaps some people didn't quite grasp what you were trying to extract from the forum and to what you were going to use it for.
I assume you are trying to purchase a Breitling of some description and need some owners to chime in with their favorites. All well and good but ask 100 people, get 100 (if not more) answers. "I like the white dialed Navitimer on black croc", "I like the yellow dialed Seawolf Avenger with bracelet" etc etc etc. It's all talk. You have to spend the money, wear the watch and be happy with it. Go to an AD (if not several ADs), try as many as you can on. Eliminate sizes, straps and colours. Result, YOU get what YOU want.
Oh, and remember to post some pictures.
Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great suggestions. Will def take a look. But part of what I'm looking for is whether or not you guys think the various price differences are justified. I suppose it doesn't really matter as the prices are what they are.

But if the masses thinks a model has an unjustifiably inflated price more than others it can cause folks to shop accordingly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I personally don't want to waste my time trying to analyze each model to determine whether the price is justified for that model if I'm not interested in that particular model Breitling. Best to try the models that interest you yourself at the AD, and determine which one speaks to you. To someone who really likes the new Chronomat 44 design, the price may be justified, whereas to others it is not.

Besides, why would you buy a model based on our perceived values on price differences? You could end up with a watch you don't really like just because we tell you it's worthy its price vs another model. I buy which model I like regardless of what the perceived value of others on it is cause I'm the one wearing it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Great advice from the guys. A watch is worth whatever it is worth to you.
Go try them on, look at pics, research a bit and see what one grabs you :)

I did that a few years ago and was grabbed by and hooked on the Cosmonaute Serie Speciale with the beautiful display back, which became my first Breitling.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its all about personal preference and not about the price. What you like most will be the watch you buy...
Mostly 15% off on some models is "doable"....wich means :

open the catalogue
check it
look at all models
on the one you feel speechless...in love
thats the one for you

:)

Have fun and dont get destracted, hopefully you introduce your new one here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts