WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys from HUET BROTHERS sent me one of their Benefactor Nero chronograph watches to review.
Let me start with an unpacking photo report:

DSC_0047.JPG
This carefully sealed brown box was delivered the other day.

DSC_0048.JPG
In it a letter showed up.

DSC_0049.JPG
Tino Huet told me he would send me the sample watch just like he sends out watches to any of their customers.

After I read the letter, I continued unpacking the box:
DSC_0050.JPG
Another box showed up.

DSC_0051.JPG
And inside this white carbon box was another box. We're getting closer....

DSC_0052.JPG
Although the picture shows a black box, it actually is a dark brown one. It smells like leather, but not sure if it is 100%.

DSC_0053.JPG
And there is the Benefactor Nero! Accompanied by an instruction and warranty booklet and a "Swiss Made" plastic seal.

DSC_0056.JPG
First and quick shot of the watch. The sub dials are grey and look great on the black background of the dial. Nice contrast with the red numerals and dots on the inner ring as well.

DSC_0057.JPG
Sorry about the dust on the watch, should have taken it off before taking the picture.

DSC_0058.JPG
Beautiful matching strap with PVD buckle. Unfortunately it is not marked or engraved "HB".

DSC_0060.JPG
Because I will have to return the watch I did not take the plastic seal off the back. I very much like the engraving. And as you can see, the Benefactor Nero is a limited edition and each watch is numbered.

Some more shots:
DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG
The 42.5mm case wears perfect on my wrist and although Tino told me it would take a little time for the strap to become comfortable, I had no complaints from the start.

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG
Now this is a unique selling point! At only EUR 295.00 which is great value for your money, this watch comes in a box that can hold three watches. I bet HUET BROTHERS would like you to collect all three from their collection :)

On to the details (taken from the HUET BROTHERS website) of this very nice, comfortable and highly recommended watch:

HB Benefactor NEROLimited edition 200 pieces

The HB Benefactor NERO is our new Swiss Made chronograph with black anodized casing, black dial and black leather strap with red stitching. It has our new logo at 12, subtle red highlights in the tachymeter and a screwback case. The NERO is designed in line with the original HB Benefactor and is a limited edition of only 200 pieces!
Specifications
1. Swiss Made ETA Quartz movement, calibre G10.211
2. Chronograph (stopwatch function with lap timing)
3. Tachymeter (for measuring speed)
4. Date
5. Hardened Mineral Crystal Glass
6. Black Anodized Stainless Steel Case
7. Limited edition - 200 pieces (individually numbered)
8. Leather strap (design equal to the holes in the steering wheel)
9. Water Resistant - 5ATM - 50 M
10. 2 year International warranty
DimensionsWidth leather strap 20 mm
Case thickness incl. glass 12.5 mm
Case diameter 42.5 mm

Related link: Huet Brothers || Home

Attachments

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Great looking watch, other than that racing strap. Would look better IMO on something solid!

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Swiss quartz movement. Have been wearing it for two days now and must say it wears quite comfortably.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Looks like good value for money. Thanks for reviewing Ernie, will be interested to see how you get on with it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very nice subtle contrast to the dial. The deep dish dial and almost invisible crystal looks great.
Thanks for the review.

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi arutlosjr11, thanks for your comment. After wearing the watch for a week, I tend to agree with you. This watch would probably look better with a solid strap. Besides the strap (which is of course a matter of taste), this watch wears very comfortable and kept good time. The contrast on the dial with those sub dials is simply great and gets noticed.

I've packed the watch again and will return it to HUET BROTHERS early this week.

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
WIN a Limited Edition HB Benefactor NERO

Coincidence or not, HUET BROTHERS sent all of their subscribers to their newsletter the following message:

WIN a Limited Edition HB Benefactor NERO

We are giving away a Limited Edition Benefactor NERO! Enter the sweepstake now! The draw is December 16 - so you'll have your NERO before christmas. Ofcourse if you WIN. Invite family, friends and anybody really to join in. The more the merrier.

1. Register with your name and email or with facebook.
2. Like, share, tweet or email with your personal code provided (this ensures that you get the extra entries) to earn extra entry's.
3. The more entries the higher the chance you are going to be the lucky winner!

Good Luck ---- ENTER HERE

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Re: WIN a Limited Edition HB Benefactor NERO

Looks really nice! Hadn't heard of this brand before, will be checking their site asap!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Re: WIN a Limited Edition HB Benefactor NERO

Nice case they put it in, rather than the useless and wasteful wooden boxes given with most watches. This case is at least useful for something!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts