WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
181 - 200 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Agree. fluted/jubilee DJs are stunning and are the only Rolex I actually lust over.

Also agree that the Yachtmaster is a Superior aesthetic to the Sub. The metal bezel does wonders. Otherwise, they look the same to me.
You guys are both high as a kite

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree. fluted/jubilee DJs are stunning and are the only Rolex I actually lust over.

Also agree that the Yachtmaster is a Superior aesthetic to the Sub. The metal bezel does wonders. Otherwise, they look the same to me.
Totally agree on the jubilee and fluted bezel. I was not a fan of either. And then my dad gave me a Datejust. Call me an ungrateful [email protected], but at first I was not over the moon. I'm a younger gent, so of course I would have preferred a steel sports. But now that I have spent some time with the Datejust and learned just what it's about, I'm glad I have it over any other Rolex and not just because it was gifted to me. Most likely he knew all this before and knew this was the best way to explain it. The Datejust is the perfect watch for gentleman IMHO.

·
Registered
L688.4 5X53 6L35 4R36 7D56 H851 F6922
1,308 Posts
Tag Heuer is hated because it used a Seiko movement as base for an in-house caliber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really love the original Oyster watches from the mid 1920s, basically the birth of the Rolex Oyster waterproof cases. But they seem to be relatively inexpensive in the current market, which to me indicate they are unpopular watches.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Somehow, owning watches that aren't worn on a regular basis is immoral, as evidenced by people who feel "guilty" about not wearing them. Apparently, the watchs' feelings get hurt if they sit in a watch box and see other watches being worn more than they are.
The only way to assauge this "guilt", is to sell off any watch that isn't worn regularly, thereby virtual signaling to the world, that the WIS in question is not beholden to material possessions.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haha well I know they are unpopular opinions. I was hesitating to write the ALS one especially since it is sure to be a point of departure even among us contrarians. But I suppose the point of the thread is to shake things up. The only ALS I really like is the Lange 1, the rest do nothing for me. And I tried to force it by putting a model on my wish list, but I felt no chemistry after a few months so I moved on.
I've always felt that the ALS style was a bit too sterile for my liking. I think it works very well for more complex designs such as the L1, Zeitwerk, or that crazy tourbillon regulator, but for something like a Saxonia it's just a bit too plain. To be fair, I have similar complaints for the stick-hands-and-indices dress watches from other brands as well, in a non-complicated watch special attention should be taken for the dial and indices to really be something special.

181 - 200 of 260 Posts