WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 160 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
The more expensive the watch, the more obnoxious the owner.

If you’re going to insult high priced fashion watches, while also losing your **** over a Batman or a diamond crusted Datejust, you are an incredible hypocrite. Although this complaint mainly applies to one YouTuber in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Some more;

1. Your watch can't say "hi" to another watch
2. Saying 'Rollie' instread of Rolex makes you sound ridiculous
3. They aren't 'shoes', it's a bloody strap
4. It's 'deployant', you can argue that 'deployment' is also correct as much as you like; it just makes you stubborn AND wrong
5. Stop assuming I'm wearing my watch in 'good health', it won't make any difference and for all you know I could be inside an iron lung
6. That Milanese bracelet makes you look like a sketchy used car dealer
7. Dress watches are boring
8. Yes, that Rolex of your grandpappy's is fake
9. If you find yourself in a subordinate position to a Rolex sales person to whom you are trying to give money, you are a gimp

I could think of others, will un-pin some more truth grenades later :D

·
Registered
39,124 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I really like Rolex and think they are the best watch company in the world, regardless of how they started, which movements they used, and fact that many consider them not be high horology. That they are supremely reliable and robust and highly sought after is enough for me.

I think a Grand Seiko is worth what they charge for it and is not worth 5x the retail price that some owners believe them to be. If another brand with the same finishing as GS charges more, that is because the market believes that brand should be worth that much (at least officially, but under the tables they may offer a discount).

Orient watches aren't all that great but if you don't want to spend more, then they are fine.

Now then, where's the popcorn emoji.... :)

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
1) All mechanical watches are jewellery. People who buy dive watches or tactical watches or other such watches are subconsciously sending a signal/posing what rugged, Manly Men they are. This holds true for the guy flexing with a Sub and this holds true for the guy flexing with a Sin/Tudor.

2) The Lange 1's big date makes that and any other watch with a similar big date implementation, nearly unwearable for the first 9 days of the month. Also, GO implementation of the big date is MUCH better than Lange's (it hurts me to say this, as I am a Lange fanboy)

3) Rolex does make very good watches. Most of the hate on Rolex stems from people who are (a) either trying too hard to go against the tide to show what independent thinkers they are or (b) suffering from a severe case of sour grapes (note - I said hate, not indifference)

4) Most Damasko watches are ugly

5) NATOs are a great way to make a $10k watch look like a $100 watch.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm an age where I fancy a two tone - sadly getting an explorer from an AD will never happen!.

I like my watches to be clean and unmarked...

I'm good with having a 'safe queen'.

I do not really wear two of my watches often due to their value (for me anyway).

·
Registered
451 Posts
Another one related to my previous unpopular coment about Tudor.

It's disgusting that Tudor appears in the same link with Rolex in this forum.

When I want to see something about Rolex, I dislike to be distracted with anything related to Tudor.
I know this was talked about in the forum a while back and on the flip some people really want Tudor split out as they feel the same about Rolex - I thnk its a good idea.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I know this was talked about in the forum a while back and on the flip some people really want Tudor split out as they feel the same about Rolex - I thnk its a good idea.
As an owner of both brands, I find this divide hilarious. Especially as easily half of the people in that forum own both brands too.

141 - 160 of 260 Posts