WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
161 - 180 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Try being a lions fan for a year.
Well, st brown is by no means megatron, but is a decent WR and Campbell might be good if they trust the process. Anyway, They need a QB. I think they're better than they record says. This coming from a Pack fan.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
1. Christopher Ward is an overpriced fashion watch with poor resale value.
2.Hamilton watches are ok with some history behind them but they have boring designs and poor resale value.
3. Seiko QC still sucks and their every day watches all look the same.
4. I have two Rolex watches purchased years ago but will never buy another due to all the hype and shady AD practices going on now.
5. Like and wear what you want and pay no attention to the keyboard commandos on here who will give you 50 different opinions in as many replies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tag Heuer doesn't suck.

Yes, I don't like their mall/cruise ship sales image. Yes, some of the RRPs are way too high. Yes they had some bad designs from 70's to the 90's mainly and the brand has not been very well managed.

However, they have made some cool stuff, they do have real brand heritage, and some of their watches are worth your time.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Crowd sourcing your watch buying decisions is showing insecurity and the need for acceptance. And no, it is not a jumping off point for discussion, it's "what is art" opinion. Asking, "I am thinking about these watches, has anyone had any issues with any of them? Is there anything I need to watch out for?" is more appropriate.

Asking, "Is this watch too big/small on my wrist?" Is basically saying, "I need your approval to wear this watch." when the only thing that matters is what you think.

There, I said it. Fight me.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Absolutely don’t care for this one, if someone gifted me one would immediately trade it for a fluted DJ

Absolutely love these ones, all time favorites from everything that’s on the market from all brands

Agree. fluted/jubilee DJs are stunning and are the only Rolex I actually lust over.

Also agree that the Yachtmaster is a Superior aesthetic to the Sub. The metal bezel does wonders. Otherwise, they look the same to me.

Reactions: AAMC

·
Registered
32 Posts
Crowd sourcing your watch buying decisions is showing insecurity and the need for acceptance. And no, it is not a jumping off point for discussion it's "what is art" opinion. Asking, "I am thinking about these watches, has anyone had any issues with any of them?" is more appropriate.

Asking, "Is this watch too big/small on my wrist?" Is basically saying, "I need your approval to wear this watch." when the only thing that matters is what you think.

There, I said it. Fight me.
There are genuine reasons why some watches are popular, whether esthetics, specs or performance - or a mix of all three. This said, the Seiko Flightmaster (for example) is a great affordable quartz chrono (and recognized as such) but that does not mean all other affordable quartz chronos suck and you should not buy anything else unless you're a numpty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've seen such threads in other forums but I've not run across one here. What watch related opinion/taste do you have which is generally unpopular?

I'll start: On bracelets I like straight end links better than fitted end links.
Ohhhh lord here we go again :eek:

On topic: I think standard straps (leather and rubber) are too short. They should be longer!

161 - 180 of 260 Posts