WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
A twist that is probably clear to you now, is that an unsigned warranty card by the brand manufacturer that was NOT purchased from an AD will in most cases not be filled out, and whether you provide the reciept or not won't matter to the brand manufacturer if it's not stamped by an AD.

So in your case where the brand manufactuer's card was not filled out (not the Joma watches)...the question would be, did you buy it from an AD...if not, that's why.

If you did, than I'd contact the place where you bought it and get one....or call the brand CS and ask if a reciept is good enough as was explained by BrentYYC.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Casio I bought was purchased on eBay from a seller with 99.5% positive feedback and stated 1 year Casio warranty. I'm awaiting another watch from them and will most likely ask when it arrives. Unfortunately there is no mention of the magic words "authorized dealer", so I miiiight be SOL.

·
Registered
994 Posts
OP- fwiw your post was and line of reasoning was pretty clear from the get-go. While it is true that reading is fundamental, some people have just gotta pile on regardless. Ignore it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The Casio I bought was purchased on eBay from a seller with 99.5% positive feedback and stated 1 year Casio warranty. I'm awaiting another watch from them and will most likely ask when it arrives. Unfortunately there is no mention of the magic words "authorized dealer", so I miiiight be SOL.
I'm not sure about Casio, but my guess would be that it doesn't matter if you have a card that's filled out or not. Casios are sold pretty much every where so I doubt, if a warranty issue presented itself, that you'd have any issue(s).

One point of an AD is to control the distribution of higher end brands to keep a level of service, experience, pricing, etc...consistent with what the brand wants, so they create these "exclusive" places to buy the brand. Casio obviously doesn't fall into that category so my bet is that you're OK.

Cheers, Rob

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else but I think there is added value in having ALL paperwork filled out and especially from a AD.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts