WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying a new G-Shock, this will be my first one. The particular one I was thinking of is the G7800B-1. I'm looking for a slim watch, and it's mostly for fashion, and how durable it is... not for tidal charts etc.

My other problem is where to buy, of course I would prefer buying from a physical store, but the chances of a physical store having the particular model I want is pretty slim. I live in the Netherlands, just to give you an idea. So online stores based in Europe would probably be best.

Lastly, I hope this is the right forum to post in, for this type of question. This is my first post, so I'm not sure how things exactly work; but I am looking forward to participating in this great looking forum.

Here is a pic of the G7800B-1

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Welcome to our forum! :)

The G7800 hasn't been release in Europe yet, so ordering from the USA would be the easiest way of getting one.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :-!

That particular G7800 is a great choice for a stylish and slim G. Very cool indeed and you know it's built to last...

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying a new G-Shock, this will be my first one. The particular one I was thinking of is the G7800B-1. I'm looking for a slim watch, and it's mostly for fashion, and how durable it is... not for tidal charts etc.

My other problem is where to buy, of course I would prefer buying from a physical store, but the chances of a physical store having the particular model I want is pretty slim. I live in the Netherlands, just to give you an idea. So online stores based in Europe would probably be best.

Lastly, I hope this is the right forum to post in, for this type of question. This is my first post, so I'm not sure how things exactly work; but I am looking forward to participating in this great looking forum.

Here is a pic of the G7800B-1
Welcome to the forum, hallen! The 7800's a nice watch, and I think it's a reasonable choice if you want something slim. Another one you might want to consider is the GWM5600 (or the BC version if you want something a little stealthier).

You're definitely in the right place, and good luck with your purchase! b-)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yep ... fashion & toughness. Your suggestion is probably the perfect option unless you classify colours as fashion, like this one ...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Welcome mate! ;-)

You are definitely at the right forum, however, be warned, once you are here, there's no turning back! :-d:-d:-d

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with MountainBike.....
.... from now on you are in big trouble :-d

.... by the way ..... good choice :-!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome snverhallen to the forums! I'm new here too. And yea I agree with MoutainMike. There is no turning back when you're here. I'm already a victim! Hahaha!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the welcome's! I saw a few pics on this forum of the 7800, and they mentioned that it was a bit chunky, but they didn't show and side-on pics. I really like the style of the 7800 though, and the white one is also nice IMO. The GWM5600 that BenL mentioned is also nice, and thinner I believe (right)? Another G-Shock that caught my eye is the G-Lide, I'm not a surfer so the tide thing at the top would be a waste of space, but I like how it looks, it that also relatively slim. And what I mean by slim is that it can slip easily under a shirt, like my shirt wouldn't get caught if I were to say bring the sleeves down if they were rolled up.

Thanks again for all your help!

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Welcome to the forum |> I think the G7800B 1 is not as thin as you think. I also want one of these|> the GLX 5600 is very nice in black, white or red. even if you dont need the moon phase tide graph, its a great module that has a lot of info at a glance. it has time day and date. some Gs only have time and day or date you have to swithc back and forth.

found the tread that has more info for you and it is a big G not small....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=213965&highlight=g7800

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
And what I mean by slim is that it can slip easily under a shirt, like my shirt wouldn't get caught if I were to say bring the sleeves down if they were rolled up.
The height is not the total factor about your watch getting 'snagged' on things.

The shape of the bezel another important factor. For example, the Silencer is quite high but it has a smooth angled bezel and never gets snagged on my sleeve.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum |> I think the G7800B 1 is not as thin as you think. I also want one of these|> the GLX 5600 is very nice in black, white or red. even if you dont need the moon phase tide graph, its a great module that has a lot of info at a glance. it has time day and date. some Gs only have time and day or date you have to swithc back and forth.

found the tread that has more info for you and it is a big G not small....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=213965&highlight=g7800
OK, so the 7800 is actually quite big, strange... from the promo pics it looks deceivingly stealthy and slim. The GLX 5600 looks really nice as well, but I can only find pics of it in red, and is it slimmer?

Also where would I even buy these G-Shocks, like Amazon? I looked on Amazon for the 7800 but they didn't have it. Sorry about all these questions I'm a real newb right now, lol.

The height is not the total factor about your watch getting 'snagged' on things.

The shape of the bezel another important factor. For example, the Silencer is quite high but it has a smooth angled bezel and never gets snagged on my sleeve.

Good point, so is the 7800 a bezel that would be "snag-free"?

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
OK, so the 7800 is actually quite big, strange... from the promo pics it looks deceivingly stealthy and slim. The GLX 5600 looks really nice as well, but I can only find pics of it in red, and is it slimmer?

Also where would I even buy these G-Shocks, like Amazon? I looked on Amazon for the 7800 but they didn't have it. Sorry about all these questions I'm a real newb right now, lol.

Good point, so is the 7800 a bezel that would be "snag-free"?
Well, normally you can find most models on Amazon. For the 7800 and the Silencer, however, it could be a challenge because the former may be too new, and the latter is a Japan-only model. Seiya could help you out with this if you are willing to pay list price (www.seiyajapan.com).

If Amazon is the way you want to go, your best bet could be the 5600 series models.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure. Try a search in this forum as someone just recently posted some wrist shots of the 7800. You should be able to see a side or angled view to get more of a feel.
I found some wrist shots here: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=213965&highlight=g7800&page=2

TBH is looks quite snag free, but maybe a bit too thick. I can already feel that I'm getting the G-fever. There are already about 3 G's that I wanna get, the 7800, the G-Lide, and one really classic one I saw.

Ahhhhhh...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts