WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from the post office with new stopwatch.

According to the document the stopwatch was issued on 6th of April, 1973.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Looks like a classic Agat stopwatch, but the subdial with red lines between 50 and 60 look very unusual. The movement looks standard-type, with normally sized balance wheel (6-seconds version for sonar measurement have a much smaller and faster balance wheel).

Also the yellow coating on the back is unusual. :think:

·
Registered
664 Posts
That is not a common dial, does it has to do something with soccer?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Just returned from the post office with new stopwatch. According to the document the stopwatch was issued on 6th of April, 1973.
A very rare dial in mint condition. A great catch. Congratulations, Andy.

Now we must figure out the purpose for this special dial.

-- Mark

·
Registered
74 Posts
A very rare dial in mint condition. A great catch. Congratulations, Andy.

Now we must figure out the purpose for this special dial.

-- Mark
Do you suppose this could do with diving, meaning the brass helmeted, weighted suit type - not scuba. The last ten minutes of the subdial being in red would to me indicate extreme importance. The stop watch would possibly be used by a crew member, above water of course. Just a thought....

Andrew Hite

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a similar stopwatch. "ADANAC" is the opposite of CANADA, i have found it at a flea-market here in Rome (Italy, of course:)). I have no info about this stopwatch. I have read somewhere that it was produced from russian for the Canadian market....
(i am at work now, so i can publish only the pictures that i have already published at www.orolgiando.org. By the way, that day was a day of hunting......:))

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts