WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear your hard luck story about how any of your watches have been damaged. Last night i was in the backyard playing with the dogs when one of them jumped up and clawed the hesalite crystal on my Speedmaster. Just a bit of damage to the crystal. The good news is that it has polished out nicely with some polywatch.
Can anybody come up with some more bizarre ways to damage their watch?
BAD DOG She is just a pup so all is forgiven.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had to change a tire on the parkway and put two deep gouges in the crystal of my FrankenMonster. I was so careful but.....

mjk

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I've destroyed three watches in mountain bike "incidents" involving uncontrolled departure from the normal cycling envelope.o|

Sweet dog, btw! :)

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've destroyed three watches in mountain bike "incidents" involving uncontrolled departure from the normal cycling envelope.o|

Sweet dog, btw! :)
Hehe funny you say that. Rode a bike for the first time in ages on Thursday, took my Speedie off at the very last moment.
Thanks she is pretty special.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fell from stairs at home. Hard, tiled stairs. I had to break my finger and to sprain my ankle badly to put some scratches on the bezel of my Black Monster.

It ticked its good way after that just like it did before. The only problem at the time was that they wouldn't fit over the plaster.

·
Registered
516 Posts
No pics, but I hit a cow doing 60mph and had the air bag go off sending my left hand through the drivers side window shattering the window. I was wearing a G-Shock. No damage to the watch.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
No pics, but I hit a cow doing 60mph and had the air bag go off sending my left hand through the drivers side window shattering the window. I was wearing a G-Shock. No damage to the watch.
Did the call in the Highway Safety Patrol or the Department of Agriculture?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interesting stuff, glad u are ok after that. Good advert for G-Shocks

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i forgot to mention that about 8 years ago i thumped my old TAG on a waterslide at Wet and Wild Themepark in Queensland. Water got in and i had to bet a new dial, hands, bezel and crystal.o|

·
Registered
516 Posts
Did the call in the Highway Safety Patrol or the Department of Agriculture?
interesting stuff, glad u are ok after that. Good advert for G-Shocks
Here's the best I have:

Don't have the watch anymore, but did for quite a while after this and on its 4th battery change the gasket fell apart so I tossed it, but was a good watch for a number of years.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Talk about Irony!

I was in a Torneau today and banged my watch into a table and scratched the crystal. I think it's their secret way of getting you to buy a new watch!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Best G-shock story ever.

In the future, I would really like to tell stories to my kids about some catastrophic accident with the last phrase being "No damage to the watch".

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
A cow can run at 60mph? Now that's got to be very unusual! :-d

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Unhooking a seatbelt.
Retracted and dinged my UTS 2000.
Teach me to wear seatbelts!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts