WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I've decided on a new Bulova over a new Tissot, which were the two brands I settled on for my first higher quality timepiece. Despite the fact Tissot is probably a somewhat better watch and more prestigious watch.. the Bulova's, quite frankly, are more me. The Tissot's are elegant, but border on slightly too simple looking perhaps for me. So I'm kind of down to these two.. Which one should I go with? Can't find quite as good of pictures of the black face model 98c004. The blue is model 98H37. I really dig both, and like things about both. Sorry the pictures aren't bigger.. not exactly sure what I'm doing yet. Does anybody have any opinions. Hmm....

·
Registered
850 Posts
The 1st one is not a real chronograph, the subdials have the calendar functions, so that's a big deal breaker for me...
...the blue ones are are nice, but I hate how the gold plating wears off.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Didn't realize teh gold plate would wear off. Hmm..
It can, but it doesn't mean it will. The blue dial is a very nice watch. I know a couple members on another site who own it and are very happy with it. Citizen owns Bulova now - good quality control and nice buys.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I kind of like the black dial model. The day/date subdials give it a chrono look without the clutter of pushers. That coupled with the Roman numeral bezel give it a dressier sensibility. It would still look good paired with jeans though.

They both have good qualities so go with which ever really grabs you.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Did you check out the Tissot PRS200? Because it looks like those Bulovas:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of gold (plated) or two-tone watches, but that second Bulova looks pretty nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting H30+.. I see they have a white faced with blue. I do like the looks of that. I don't think the jeweler I stopped at had that one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like Bulova, I prefer the older stuff as now they seem a little tacky and compromised but one that really struck me lately is the Bulova Calypso - its a gold plate (I believe) or black PVD and a nice size automatic. Not a chrono but an elegant watch nonetheless. Its also reasonably priced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts