WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
GD-350 does indeed look cool - very sci-fi. But Casio should get rid of the "vibrator" - means something very different in Germany. I'd prefer "Vib alarm" or something similar. Nice to see however that there is a new model with a vibration alarm and it looks like it can display current time in different modes, too. This is one of the 1st new releases for a long time that catches my attention.
edit: the display looks a bit like the module might be based on the bluetooth G - just without the bluetooth.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GD-350 does indeed look cool - very sci-fi. But Casio should get rid of the "vibrator" - means something very different in Germany. I'd prefer "Vib alarm" or something similar. Nice to see however that there is a new model with a vibration alarm and it looks like it can display current time in different modes, too. This is one of the 1st new releases for a long time that catches my attention.
edit: the display looks a bit like the module might be based on the bluetooth G - just without the bluetooth.

cheers, Sedi :)
oh my, just noticed that vibrator written there on the watch now that you pointed it out! yeah they need to get rid of that. lol

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i like the polarization colors

i like the ga-300 design, it looks as good as the ga-110

need to see the gd-350 in person

won't ever be spending money on the ga-1000

·
Registered
608 Posts
The GD-350 looks cool, hopefully someone let's them in on the 'vibrator' joke. the GA-300 definitely doesn't do it for me...just like the GA110, the hands are hard to see and the digital readout is small. The black face GA-1000 looks pretty cool, but the white face looks like a cartoon frown. I'd like to the black one done w/ a black bezel, but w/ the same green numbers/indices.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm liking the GD-350s, the blue GA-300 and the black and white DW-6900s.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like the GD-350. I will definitely be keeping an eye on it for a North America release. :-!

...but it kinda looks like a beefed-up masculine version of this Baby-G

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
GA-1000 looks interesting. There is just something about it that I am not sure about though.... I think it may be the chunks of resin protruding on the sides. Will need to see it in person. Definitely not getting a "vibrator" watch ha ha

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nothing really impresses me. I'll take a flyer on the polarization series in yellow, as long as they're glossy. I don't really like the "futuristic" look of these new models.. but I've definitely changed my mind after seeing something in person

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I think we all agree that the word vibrator is no go. But there may be a market for that. ;-)

The GA1000 is something to be reviewed. I want to know how the compass is implemented. Hopefully it uses second or minute hand for that not just the digital display. Also hopefully it uses backlight for the display, not the LED (I think it is with the first feature Black light neon illuminator)

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Uh... not a watch on that list that interests me. Such weird combinations of colors and shapes. I think I'll stick to the older models for a while...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Casio should get rid of the "vibrator" - means something very different in Germany. I'd prefer "Vib alarm" or something similar.
Well, not only in Germany...

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Some more details of GA1000 from G-Shock GA-1000-1AER (Gravity Defier Digital Compass) | GStreet

G-Shock’s Gravity Defier series is navigating into exciting territory with the G-Shock GA-1000-1AER, equipping the aviation favourite with a digital compass. Easily accessible by pressing the 9 o’clock button in any mode, the compass can take continual direction readings for 20 seconds during which the second hand points north while a literal direction indicator is viewable on the upper display. Pretty clever! The GA-1000-1AER is also easy on the eyes in all conditions, with large numerals and thick hands for easy reading, while an Auto Light Switch instantly illuminates the watch face when poor lighting is detected.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts