WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

These are some of the upcoming models from Korsbek Watch Company. They will not be limited edition models.

Sea Rover

Dimension:

42.5 mm Case
13.95 mm Height
22.0 mm Lug width
50.50 lug length

Case: Stainless Steel 316L, brushed.

Crystal: sapphire, domed, anti-reflective coated inside only.

Movement: Self-winding, ETA 2893-2 regulated (Top Grade).

Water Resistance: 500 meters, Anti-magnetic, shock resistant.

Crown: screwed locked, signed.

Bezel: uni-directional, Sapphire insert with BG W9 Lume.

Lume: BG W9 Lume on hands and dial.

Other Specifications:
  • Matte Black Dial.
  • Screwed bar lugs.
  • Solid link stainless steel bracelet with solid end pieces, and screwed removable links, signed. Diver extension.
  • Twin "O" ring seals in the case back.
  • Blue Pelican Case.
  • Polishing cloth.
  • 2 year Warranty.
The Sea Rover project start: TBA

Recon Chronograph

Dimension:

42.5 mm Case
22.0 mm Lug width
50.50 mm lug length

Case: Stainless Steel 316L, brushed.

Crystal: sapphire, domed, anti-reflective coated inside only.

Movement: ETA/Val 7750

Water Resistance: 300 meters, Anti-magnetic, shock resistant.

Crown: screwed locked, signed.

Bezel: uni-directional, Black insert.

Lume: Super Luminova C3 on hands and dial

Other Specifications:
  • Matte Black Dial.
  • Screwed bar lugs.
  • Solid link stainless steel bracelet with solid end pieces, and screwed removable links, signed.
  • Twin "O" ring seals in the case back.
  • Green Pelican Case.
  • Polishing cloth.
  • 2 year Warranty.
The Recon Chronograph project starts: TBA

·
Registered
637 Posts
Poul I like the look...now I have a selfish question. Will you let those of us who got in on the ground floor of the original OE reserve the same serial numbers of the subsequent issues. I really like your style and would like to collect the whole line with identical numbers.

Thanks, Is it May yet?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Poul,

I like the Oceaneer very much.|> Can I confirm that there is no HEV? I'm not a fan of them, so I hope I read that right. Also, will the rubber strap have a traditional tang-type buckle? I'm old fashioned, and prefer a buckle to a clasp. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
The Oceaneer looks great! Glad I'm in for a silver bezel OE - the black bezel Oceaneer should complement it very well (can you tell I'm already on board for the Oceaneer? :))

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Was thinking the same thing Eric, except I ordered the black bezel. Hope I can change? Has anyone had a chance to breakdown the differences between the explorer and oceaneer ?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Poul,

I like the Oceaneer very much.|> Can I confirm that there is no HEV? I'm not a fan of them, so I hope I read that right. Also, will the rubber strap have a traditional tang-type buckle? I'm old fashioned, and prefer a buckle to a clasp. Thanks!:)
Hi Lordsinclair,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately for you there will be a HEV at 9 o'clock. I know that some people don't like it, however, the majority of people do like a HEV. For that reason I have decided to have a HEV on the Oceaneer. Sorry

The rubber strap will be your traditional tang-type :-!. I will however also offer other kinds of straps.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was thinking the same thing Eric, except I ordered the black bezel. Hope I can change? Has anyone had a chance to breakdown the differences betweem the explorer and oceaneer ?
Hi Tom,

On the Ocean Explorer, do you want me to change your bezel from the Black insert to the SS bezel with black indices engraved?

The difference between the OE and Oceaneer
  • Date window between 3 and 4 o'clock on the Oceaneer
  • The minute hand is fatter on the Oceaneer, hour hand is black as you don't need it for diving. I added the ball type second hand.
  • Indices longer at 3, 6, 9 o'clock on the Oceaneer
  • Different movement (at least that is what I am hoping).
They do have the same case and bracelet :-!

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best regards,

·
Registered
287 Posts
They both look great (although I particularly like the GMT!). If the process is anything like the OE project I'll enjoy watching both as they unfold.

Poul, is there a general pricing range you can give us at this time?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They both look great (although I particularly like the GMT!). If the process is anything like the OE project I'll enjoy watching both as they unfold.

Poul, is there a general pricing range you can give us at this time?
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words :)

Pricing all depends on what quote I get from Fricker, ETA, and the whole dollars versus euro.

I can tell you that it wont be in the $850 range. Fricker originally wanted me to charge $1750 for the OE, so people got an incredible deal on the OE.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:)
Poul I like the look...now I have a selfish question. Will you let those of us who got in on the ground floor of the original OE reserve the same serial numbers of the subsequent issues. I really like your style and would like to collect the whole line with identical numbers.

Thanks, Is it May yet?
Hi Hondo,

Thank you for your kind words.

Let me first figure out how to do the standard serial numbers, since they won't be limited editions. I will get back to you on that one, but yes that is possible.

Buy the whole line of Reconnaissance, GMT, Aviator, GMT/Diver, etc :-! :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words :)

Pricing all depends on what quote I get from Fricker, ETA, and the whole dollars versus euro.

I can tell you that it wont be in the $850 range. Fricker originally wanted me to charge $1750 for the OE, so people got an incredible deal on the OE.

Best regards,
Walter was right.

However, you can't build castles in the sky. Problem is once you start low, there is always an expectation that the watches will stay there and a bump in price only gets excess inventory. Introductory pricing has always been a tough call.

DaveB

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
Walter was right.

However, you can't build castles in the sky. Problem is once you start low, there is always an expectation that the watches will stay there and a bump in price only gets excess inventory. Introductory pricing has always been a tough call.

DaveB
Good point.......but, I do think this is why the OE sold out so quickly without anything more than a CAD design. I can assure you that he is not making enough off the OE to pay for the amount of time he puts in here on the forum and in the design/development. If you read the specs, there is NOTHING of this quality in this price range. I think everyone expected a rather hefty price increase on the successive models since Poul must make a living also:-!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I noticed a different font and the K logo on the new watch. Will the OE keep the original font and dial or will you incorporate these new design features in the OE? By the way is the OE dial glossy or matt?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts