WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I have seen the post and it got me very happy as I have imagined what an OS Standard Date would look like as a GMT model, and was wondering why Orient is not doing it, they have the great case and design, and the movement!!

I am glad they did it and also glad they didnt "over do" it, like they sometimes know, like on the old OS GMT where they added the power reserve AND the rotating bezel WHICH MEANT ANOTHER CROWN and that weird crown guard!!

I wish they made it without the power reserve, but I like it like this aswell!!

Congrats to Orient and I cant wait to see the model on real life Photos

Photo curtesy of Yeoman

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
It looks very nice.
I hope they'll keep the old OS GMT, since the feature set really differentiates them. This new one is "cleaner looking" and possibly more elegant, while the other with the rotating bezel offers the possibility of tracking 3 time zones and possibilities to do it in different ways.
If they're just replacing the old one, I'm glad I've got an "old one with rotating bezel" even if the case design and dial layout are more streamlined a bit more to my liking...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Damn, i would like to see one of those on real pictures. I hope someone can compare the watch with a mako. Just curious about the size. Im afraid that it will be to big. <40mm would be just great!
+1

I believe the case will be the same as OS Standard Date, which means 40/41mm and 47/48 Lug to lug!! It should be OK for us with small wrists!!

If they make it bigger I will be very disappointed as I have been dreaming of such a watch ever since the Standard date came out!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It may be the photo, but I believe the bezel on this GMT is smaller than the Standard Date. Which is a plus in my book and I hope it is true.
Also the bracelet design is way better IMHO.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
If you compare the position of the power reserve and date relative to the bezel on the news photo

to where it is on the 42mm "star seeker" which I suppose share the same movement...

It's very probable that this new model is 40mm-ish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heads up guys, spotted this model "Orient Star WZ0071DJ GMT" on Ebay, although the seller may be questionable...limited sale history and all.

Don't want to put up the link, because I don't trust the seller, but it at least may indicate that the watch is available?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Heads up guys, spotted this model "Orient Star WZ0071DJ GMT" on Ebay, although the seller may be questionable...limited sale history and all.

Don't want to put up the link, because I don't trust the seller, but it at least may indicate that the watch is available?
It's due to be released one of these days, but for now JDM only, so keep that in mind when judging the seller.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

I wouldn't buy the OS GMT there. Just ask Chino-Watch, Higuchi or Seiya. They should be able to sell the WZ0071DJ (blue dial) easily.

I just tried to order the WZ0081DJ limited edition. Chino said they don't carry it because only Orient Prestige shops would sell them.
Even Higuchi didn't succeed in ordering it (he asked for 960$ for the ltd.ed.). Seiya offered me one of the ltd.ed. WZ0081DJ for the same amount as this ebay seller.

It's okay for the ltd.ed. (which seems quite rare) and Seiya has no brick and mortar store for his living. But you should find the blue dial version for at least 100$ less at a reputable seller.

All of the aforementioned Shops are highly recommendable.

hth
Michael

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello i just ordered the blue dial from Japan and will be bringing it this mth end...will try to put some real live pics for all!

i hope its a beauty!

I have seen the post and it got me very happy as I have imagined what an OS Standard Date would look like as a GMT model, and was wondering why Orient is not doing it, they have the great case and design, and the movement!!

I am glad they did it and also glad they didnt "over do" it, like they sometimes know, like on the old OS GMT where they added the power reserve AND the rotating bezel WHICH MEANT ANOTHER CROWN and that weird crown guard!!

I wish they made it without the power reserve, but I like it like this aswell!!

Congrats to Orient and I cant wait to see the model on real life Photos

Photo curtesy of Yeoman

View attachment 1627229

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
YES! The black and blue GMTs are beautiful! Can't wait to see some real life pics. Also I wish it was cheaper :'(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah Dirtyharrie, hope the blue one i am getting reflects light like a mirror finish...

and also the movement cos its my first Orient and i am not sure what level or grade does the 40P53 movement belongs to...cos for seiko its usually 6R15/21 for this price range

Will be up Soon!!!

YES! The black and blue GMTs are beautiful! Can't wait to see some real life pics. Also I wish it was cheaper :'(

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Seiya is great!

Have a nice day!

Michael

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.