WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

· Banned
5,244 Posts
Glorious. I actually mocked up this watch with a blue strap just for kicks and it's a great match.

I've been meaning to ask did the original Star Seekers start as Jaoan/Europe only and then ultimately make their way to NA?

Veda where did you order your GMT from?
Japan only. Got mine on Ebay I think it's running $925 now.

Why the curved lugs? The Hirsch Viscount matches perfectly, close enough to the watch itself.

See the last 2 pics on this post:
forums.watchuseek.com/f410/orient-star-gmt-1599050-2.html#post13205202

· Registered
400 Posts
I was thinking that but wager would be pretty garish. I'll try it later if I get a chance.
I've seen a Patek with the above mentioned strap on Instagram but can't seem to find the pic now. It looked pretty good.

Anyway may I know where is the blue strap from?

Here's mine on bracelet today.

· Registered
3,522 Posts
May I know where did you obtain the pic of the strap? Seems kinda hard to find a strap in that shade of blue
Whenever I do those I just hit Google for "blue leather watch strap" of somesuch and roll through the image hits until I find what I want. Oftentime (as was the case here) it's on another watch and I just extract the pieces.

· Registered
466 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that the lugs on this are 21mm which might limit strap options. I had a 22mm leather on mine for a while, just squeezed it in, which worked sort of ok, had a little dimple. However, it did deform the strap enough that when I went to put it on a 22m, there was a gap.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.