WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to get more pics/vids and info up soon... it's just non-stop meetings and such while you are here and not much time to do stuff like this. The attached is of the new 30ATM diver coming from VE in about two months.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
That is a great looking watch especially the second version. :p

I think I like it better than the ekranoplan but it shares a bit of design similarity.

I like the packaging too, far cry from the Arktika I bought that came in that felt lined cardboard box. :-d

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure you've all noticed this already, but it has Tritium Tubes. :-!

I think they're great, but they might cause continued headaches for Craig with import procedures.
Yep... they have Tritium... actually, having other models with Tritium will help. Part of the problem was having only the Sea Monsters so it was just that one group of watches that had to ship separately. Having more will make it easier... I know that sounds counter intuitive, but it really will... Give me another day of catch up here and I'll do a report of Basel. I'm sure Phil will do his excellent yearly recap as well...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vostok never does Basel... Vostok-Europe was there as well as Volmax (Aviator, Buran & Sturmanskie), Poljot International and CCCP and MakTime. If Raketa was there, I didn't see them... but they are just finalizing their restructure and relaunch. Moscow Classic didn't display this year.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Anything new special or interesting from Volmax?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Maktime bought all machinary of Poljot and Slava factory, and bought whole working factory in Penza, so they could make any kind of old Russian movements and even better ones. So far it's only Russian manufacturer of mechanical movements which didn't stopped production.
There should be some Vostok mechaisms on sale, though not best quality.
Interesting!
I did know Maktime had bought Poljot tools, but thought Slava people had maintained all their old tools :roll:
What do you know, viewed from Moscow, about Slava factory? Are they working?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is it using a Seiko movement ?
Yes.

PCS (spaniard VE importer) said:
And the release for June, the new Anchor with Seiko movement modified for VE, tritium lighting like the Ekranoplan; and the new Gaz 14, with a special box that includes two additional straps and a screwdriver to change.

Y la novedad para junio, el nuevo Anchor con movimiento Seiko modificado para Vostok Europe, iluminación por tritio como el Ekranoplan y el nuevo Gaz 14, caja especial que incluye dos correa adicional y destornillador para el cambio.
http://www.hablemosderelojes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20474

EDIT: New "GAZ 14" watch will have Seiko movement too.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
That's a real shame. I really liked the Anchor but if it's using a Seiko movement I'll have to pass... :-(

It just doesn't go with the "Vostok Europe" name to use a Seiko movement. I could understand the use of a miyota quartz chronograph but why use a Seiko movement for a simple automatic :-x

Also, what's up with all the tritium? I read about the new K3 having tritium also. I really don't like tritium since it decays too fast, so if all their new models are going to use tritium they'll be way too expensive and a big no-no for me...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.