WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Thanks for your well wishes in the earlier Thanksgiving thread, and I also send my best wishes and congratulations to Hilltopper for his new baby!

Jacob Niles Kirchner came into this world at 1:09am on November 22 (yes, Thanksgiving morning) after a long harrowing journey. He weighed 8lbs 11oz, and was 22 inches long! Whew! Mom and baby are doing great, although we are still in the hospital (hoping to go home tomorrow) due to the unplanned C-section. Let's just say it was very stressful for Dad, but thankfully they are both fine.

I'll certainly post some watch-related pictures later when I have time, but here are a couple for now to introduce the kid. He's hilarious, and the cutest little thing ever!

Thanks for all the support! This forum is great :-!

Very exra Thankful,
Daniel

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Congrats Daniel!!!!

Glad to hear Jacob and mommy are well, now the fun begins. A bit of advice from the initiated. . . rest every chance you get and drink lots of water. Way to go DAD!!!

Kev.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Congrats Daniel, that is one cute baby! Amazing 1st picture....Enjoy!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!! What a face, and that tongue was for Dad or Mom?
Congrat, glad to hear that Mom and Jacob (and Dad) are doing well.
A lot of babies around here, must be this forum....
DW

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congratulations! That first picture is a hoot... how did you ever capture that on film? Glad to hear everything went well despite the unexpected turn of events... Lucille looks forward to meeting the little guy sometime when you're in the area!!

Congratulations again!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone--the kid is hilarious. That first picture is what he was like just out of the OR while he and I waited (over an hour!:-() for his mom. He was lit, and ready for the world!

I'm sure he can't wait to meet Lucille when we are down in the Philly area, and any of the other numerous Kobold babies out there.

OK, back to drinking water, naps, and picking up the takeout Thai food in between trips home for the dog...

Daniel

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Congrats Dad, great looking kid and glad to hear all our well. I will pass along the well wishes to my brother.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Daniel !

What a beautiful little guy - already hammin' it up :-d !! I'm so thankful everything turned out alright and all are safe and sound!

You attend to the necessities of life -- rest, drink. walk dog etc. And enjoy theis wonder-filled time for you and your wife!

He's got two beautiful little WUS girls as "Kobold cousins" :-d

·
Registered
448 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
now you must start some official kobold testing with him:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I was just on the Panerai forum. What kind of strap is that in your baby's first picture? Looks like a bar code? I must get one! :-d:-d:-d

Just kidding. What a cute baby.|> Enjoy life. Troy

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Finally, another boy! It seems that ever since my son Paul came into the fold almost a year ago that everyone is adding girls to the ranks of future Kobolders. Daniel, he's beautiful -- congratulations to you and your wife. I'd tell you what a wonderful experience becoming a father is, but words don't do it justice. Of course, you probably know that already... ;-)

I look forward to introducing our "boys" one of these days.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congratulations! That first pic is perfect and if it is any indication of what your in for you all should be smiling and laughing for a very long time.
Many blessings to you and yours.
Kind regards,
Keith

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mazal Tov !!! That 1st picture is awesome. You can tell that he already a Koboldian. ;-) He is just plain adorable.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Daniel...

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. Hope she will have a speedy recovery from her surgery and that the 3 of you will be home safe & sound in a day or two. Peace, joy & good health to you & yours sir!

Regards From Colorado,

Tony

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well done Daniel

I know exactly what you mean about the 'unplanned C-section'. I was in your shoes two years ago when our little one arrived. Lets just say that two years down the track she still keeps us on our toes:-d

You will love being a dad. Just remember they really do grow up quick so enjoy and make the most of every minute you can with him.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Kids everywhere! Ahhh!!!!! Apparently Kobolds are not a very effective form of birth control...they're more like a fertility drug! Hopefully my wife & I can buy a little more time before my SOA works its magic and we become as blessed as the rest of you. We "plan" on trying next year, after I finish grad school.

In all seriousness, a hearty congratulations to all of you! Jacob's tongue shot is priceless!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts