WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI:I receved this e-mail from The Omega Boutique in NYC yesterday:

Dear Ms. [KAT]:

The bracelets for the PLOPROF are listed below. Be advised that they will not be available until approximately November. The retail for these bracelets will be $631.00 U.S. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at your convenience.

020ST1962

STEEL SE PLOPROF 20X20

020ST1963

STEEL SE PLOPROF 21X20
020ST1964

STEEL SE PLOPROF 22X20

Best Regards,

Orlando Taylor

Customer Service Representative
OMEGA BOUTIQUE
711 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 207-3333
Fax: (212) 207-3736

;-) KAT

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Is the deployment including in the quoted price? Is so, that's a fair bit cheaper than I initially thought it would be.

JK

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't think so, Jon, but I will call Orlando when they open later, and ask him. He had given me a part number for the clasp alone, the last time we spoke. If the price includes the clasp, it's almost tempting:roll:. If the clasp is another 300.00, maybe there's a way to buy just the clasp, and adapt it to the older mesh bracelet that a lot of us already own.:think:

;-) KAT

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Man I hope that price includes the clasp, if not at least maybe one can get a better price than $300. You are talking around $1,000 for a bracelet and clasp. They are nice, but I am not sure they are that nice.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just tried calling Orlando at the Omega Boutique in NYC, who has been working on getting this info for me. Naturally, today is his day off:roll:, but another CSR checked for me, and these numbers are not yet in the computer, but she did say that usually any Omega SS bracelet includes the clasp. Just to be sure, I'll call Orlando tomorrow to confirm that. I just got off the phone with our FAD, who confirmed that Omega wouldn't sell a bracelet w/o a clasp. He also fiqured our cost on the bracelet to be $568.00. Apparently there's not a lot of wiggle room on bracelets. Also, HE will order just the clasps, and sell them separately, as well as installed on the older Omega mesh bracelet, if it's easily adaptable. I did not yet get an exact price on the clasp alone, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know retail, and our cost from the FAD. So, the FAD will keep calling NJ supplier, to find out exactly when these will be available. He's on the case.:-!

;-) KAT

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Cheers Kat; good work;-)

My cup is generally half full but on this occasion I'm reckonning on a figure closer $1000 for the complete set.

Here's hoping.

JK

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jon is correct. They are identical in appearance. All three models will take the same 20mm clasp, part # number 94522023, which I just confirmed with Orlando, IS an additional price! He did not have the exact figure, but since the Plofrof clasp is about $300.00, it should be about the same. Jon, you were right to be cautiously optomistic about the price. So, a bracelet should come in at about $850.00 US, cost to the consumer. That's a lot of money :think: for just a bracelet.

;-) KAT

P.S. Orlando will e-mail me, as soon as they are available for sale here in the US.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Let's hope the clasp is a slimmer version, more in fitting with the PO case. Looking at the part numbers, in Kats post it is stated as 94522023, whereas OFrei state the PO as 94522003. Fingers crossed it is, and isnt quite as substantial.

If it is those prices quoted though, surely it makes much more sense to buy the old style mesh at $270(+/-) and the clasp at $270 (+/-) - total $540, assuming they are interconnectable (as we've seen they are). That's what I'll be doing anyway - I think $1000 for a mesh is a little too steep for me, and a vintage and modern to boot.....

Just my 2c...

Ash

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Jon is correct. They are identical in appearance. All three models will take the same 20mm clasp, part # number 94522023, which I just confirmed with Orlando, IS an additional price! He did not have the exact figure, but since the Plofrof clasp is about $300.00, it should be about the same. Jon, you were right to be cautiously optomistic about the price. So, a bracelet should come in at about $850.00 US, cost to the consumer. That's a lot of money :think: for just a bracelet.

;-) KAT

P.S. Orlando will e-mail me, as soon as they are available for sale here in the US.
That's unfortunate Kat. It goes from a possibility to a distinct no no:-(

JK

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
Jon is correct. They are identical in appearance.
So these are not the ones discussed a while ago with the end tubes at the lug end then?
If so that is good news! |>

/Stefan

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
... So, a bracelet should come in at about $850.00 US, cost to the consumer. That's a lot of money :think: for just a bracelet.

;-) KAT

This really is a very high price, considering that for the earlier version I paid about $215 for the 22mm for my PO and about $150 for the 20mm for the rest of them. These were from the OMEGA service centre.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So these are not the ones discussed a while ago with the end tubes at the lug end then?
If so that is good news! |>

/Stefan
Yes, they do have the end tubes, as I believe the Plofrof bracelet does. Because of the Plofrof's design, you can't see them, since they are underneath the watch. I actually prefer the look of the open ended Old style mesh. To my mind, it gives the PO more of a tool watch look, and the tube ends on the new mesh look cheap and tacky to me, so my plan is to get the clasp only. I am fortunate in that I don't need the extension piece, so old bracelet with new clasp should look really good, if it looks like I picture it in my head.:roll: Our FAD told me that he will sell the old bracelet with the new clasp already attached, if the clasps are interchangable.

;-) KAT

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Another plus to the new clasp is that you can bulk up when you wear the mesh! The clasp on that thing is freaking huge! Just make sure to switch wrists up, don't want one huge forearm and one small one. Might look funny!

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
Yes, they do have the end tubes, as I believe the Plofrof bracelet does. Because of the Plofrof's design, you can't see them, since they are underneath the watch. I actually prefer the look of the open ended Old style mesh. To my mind, it gives the PO more of a tool watch look, and the tube ends on the new mesh look cheap and tacky to me, so my plan is to get the clasp only. I am fortunate in that I don't need the extension piece, so old bracelet with new clasp should look really good, if it looks like I picture it in my head.:roll: Our FAD told me that he will sell the old bracelet with the new clasp already attached, if the clasps are interchangable.

;-) KAT
The new Ploprof 24mm mesh does not have end tubes (I have one), it is open just like the vintage mesh.
Sad to hear about the tubes on these other new mesh versions. <|

/Stefan

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I don't see a slimmer version of the Ploprof clasp, unless they remove the Dive extension, owning one, I don't see how it is possible.

Remember, to fit my wrist, I had to have my mesh bracelet cut, otherwise the old mesh bracelet fits the Ploprof clasp just fine...

P.S. These new mesh bracelets, like the one on the new Ploprof, have removable links, unlike the classic mesh bracelet.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That makes sense. I guess Omega is going for style with the tubes covering the spring bars. Maybe they think it's more attractive. I think they blew it with that design choice. Perhaps they wanted it to look significantly different from the old mesh bracelet. Maybe the new clasp doesn't have a diver's extension, thus making it smaller than the Plofrof clasp?

;-) KAT

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I might be down for one of these, my wrist varies in diameter depending on the weather. Hehe. I wonder if there's a ploprof style clasp that would fit the PO steel band.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Just tossing it out there... $1k can buy a quartz Bond SMP on the WUS sales forums

Sure seems like a lot for a bracelet, especially since the airplane buckle Omega mesh can be picked up online for about $300

1 - 20 of 20 Posts