WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was talking to Rob at Watchbuys about bringing their show to Philly, and he asked me to help him determine if there would be sufficient interest. So please let me know if you'd be interested in attending if it came to the Philly area.

You can post interest here, PM me, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

*UPDATE* We did a good job of generating interest, and now I need to give watchbuys a list of email addresses for those interested. So if you don't mind sharing your address, please send it to me at [email protected]. I'll consolidate the addresses and send the list to watchbuys. This doesn't commit you to anything, simply gets you on the invite list. Also, please let me know if you're already on their mailing list. Thanks!

·
Banned
510 Posts
Re: Watchbuys Roadshow Philadephia interest

Can you please describe what this show is about? I not fimiliar with it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Can you please describe what this show is about? I not fimiliar with it. Thanks
Sure, Watchbuys is a US distributor for several German brands, including Sinn, Muhle Glashutte, Nomos, Dornblueth and others. Many of their brands aren't available elsewhere, or at least don't have an AD on every corner, so they bring samples of their watches to cities across the US, giving us a chance to see and handle watches we wouldn't otherwise be able to try. They also bring many watches that were shown at Basel and aren't even available yet.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts

Sure, Watchbuys is a US distributor for several German brands, including Sinn, Muhle Glashutte, Nomos, Dornblueth and others. Many of their brands aren't available elsewhere, or at least don't have an AD on every corner, so they bring samples of their watches to cities across the US, giving us a chance to see and handle watches we wouldn't otherwise be able to try. They also bring many watches that were shown at Basel and aren't even available yet.
Yeah, I'd go to that. And I live in Philadelphia. Not being able to handle Sinns have been my main reason for not buying them (I set a limit on watches I'd buy without handling a sample first, and no Sinns seem to fall under that).

Reactions: gtxtom

·
Registered
292 Posts

I've already expressed interest in another thread ... so I'm just gonna go ahead and BUMP this up!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

Where at in Philli, please not South Philli....I got lost there one time :)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

Philly pro-tip: no one calls it "Philli."

I'd be interested more in just a plain ol' GTG, and a roadshow would just make it more interesting.
Pittsburgh pro-tip :We call it Philli :-d :-!

My daughter is in Mechanicsburg, so it would be do-able for me...based on date.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Pittsburgh pro-tip :We call it Philli :-d :-!

My daughter is in Mechanicsburg, so it would be do-able for me...based on date.
Not sure where it'll be, just trying to drum up interest at this point. But if you're a Penguins fan, I'll make certain it's in south Philly.-) Don't get lost wearing a Cindy Crosby jersey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
32 Posts

I'm in

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to the show in DC...I want to see a Dornbluth 'in the 'metal'

·
Registered
804 Posts

I would be interested in that. I would love to try on some of the various Sinns that I have drooled over in pics.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

Not sure where it'll be, just trying to drum up interest at this point. But if you're a Penguins fan, I'll make certain it's in south Philly.-) Don't get lost wearing a Cindy Crosby jersey.
:-d :-d :-d :-!

I'll make sure to wear a Yankees hat, since the Pirates suck :)

I'm in, if the date works. I'm pretty busy traveling in the Fall...but I'll try to make it work. I'm after a Meistersinger, so may need to call Watchbuy's ahead of time.

Reactions: jswing

·
Vendor
26,178 Posts

Yeah, I'd be up for it with or without it coinciding with a GTG, although a GTG is always fun.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

Depending on what day it falls on I'd be interested. I'd like the chance to look at some Nomos' and maybe a DD&S.

And if there were a gtg as well then all the more reason to come.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts