WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you everybody for the prayers, kind sentiments, support and concern. It makes me appreciate what a great place this forum really is.

My Dad has been pretty heavily sedated every time I've seen him so far and I don't think he's aware I'm here. The doctors say he fractured a rib in one of his falls. He's very weak but in stable condition.

Now the good part. He'll be released from the hospital tomorrow (22nd) for transfer to a nursing/convalescent facility. The place is less than 1.5 miles from their house and is a very easy and comfortable drive for my Mom. In fact, one of their friends has been in the place for quite some time so they are very familiar with it. My Mom has often half-seriously joked that it's where she wants to end up. So in that respect things couldn't have worked out better; especially since he's expected to be there for a prolonged period of time.

Barring unforseen developments I'll head back home on Sunday to be at home for Christmas. I should be back on my regular forum schedule next Wednesday.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
That's good news, Lee. I'll be praying for your dad's full recovery.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Lee, glad to hear things are turning out Okay. This is great news. Still wishing you father a speedy recovery.

When you do travel home be safe!!!!!

Stephen

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Thanks for checking in with us Lee and I'm very glad things are going well.
Looking forward to your return!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats good news. I am keeping you and your father in my thoughts and prayers.

Tim

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Good news at Christmas time! Yeah!

Praying for you and your family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts