WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, first of all sorry for my bad english
I bought this watch a year ago. A few days ago, I wind the watch as usual and suddenly it got very weird sound , like the rattle.. so I stop and let it out of energy. Today I try again, just 2 turn and that sound happen. I attached video of my watch here... help me figure out.. thanks for your time , everyone

Hi guys, I brought it to watchmaker, holy ... the yellow gear is broken... so they replace and check the condition, it cost 25 ~ 28 bucks... take 5 days
I attached the image View attachment 15377820

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I would say that's not a normal sound. I believe something is wrong.

And you've never heard that sound before even when you've clearly wound it past full? Did anything happen just prior to the first appearance of the sound, like for example, dropping or knocking the watch against something hard? Had you been wearing it all along? Or did you just put it on after a long time not wearing it?

Since it is probably a Selitta movement as CWard often uses, it should be serviceable. I would probably pull out the crown and hack it to stop the movement then bring it to a watchmaker or genuine watch repair shop. Don't bring it to a battery changer stand at the mall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that's not a normal sound. I believe something is wrong.

And you've never heard that sound before even when you've clearly wound it past full? Did anything happen just prior to the first appearance of the sound, like for example, dropping or knocking the watch against something hard? Had you been wearing it all along? Or did you just put it on after a long time not wearing it?

Since it is probably a Selitta movement as CWard often uses, it should be serviceable. I would probably pull out the crown and hack it to stop the movement then bring it to a watchmaker or genuine watch repair shop. Don't bring it to a battery changer stand at the mall.
I keep it on my warm bed, never drop or something hit the watch, it never happen until 3 days ago, maybe tomorrow I will bring it to the watch maker

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had exactly the same issue with my C60 Trident Vintage, there is a known problem with the winding mechanism gears getting gummed up.
Unfortunately you will have to return it to CW under warranty for it to be repaired.

Reactions: Uchiha9000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had exactly the same issue with my C60 Trident Vintage, there is a known problem with the winding mechanism gears getting gummed up.
Unfortunately you will have to return it to CW under warranty for it to be repaired.
I thought about that, but I'm concern about time shipping, i bought through a shipper .. and I'm from vietnam, do you know how long does it take for send it back? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh no, Christopher ward web said due to the safety of staffs, covid still around , they cant receive any order relate to service and repair.. holy crap... I think the best I check with local watchmakers and save my watch

·
Premium Member
61,463 Posts
That’s one poorly watch. If CW is out then I reckon it’s time to see a local guy about it. Contact CW and see what they say.

·
Registered
29,046 Posts
A good local watch maker should be able to correct your problem without too much trouble.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sounds like a loose winding wheel. Warranty it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought about that, but I'm concern about time shipping, i bought through a shipper .. and I'm from vietnam, do you know how long does it take for send it back? Thanks
When I sent mine back, it took them 3 months to repair it, that was at least a year before COVID had even been mentioned.
I thought they were back working now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi guys, I brought it to watchmaker, holy ... the yellow gear is broken... so they replace and check the condition, it cost 25 ~ 28 bucks... take 5 days
I attached the image

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I attached the image
That's the winding wheel, I have seen this happen with the first version sw series as well as some eta. I would caution that the broken teeth can get lost inside the movement if it doesn't get cleaned properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the winding wheel, I have seen this happen with the first version sw series as well as some eta. I would caution that the broken teeth can get lost inside the movement if it doesn't get cleaned properly.
Thank you, i also listen the watchmaker explain about broken teeth, so I let him keep the watch and check all for the best... appreciate your comment, my friend

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sound like a relatively cheap & easy fix, it also saves the hassle of sending it back to CW.
I hope you get it back working soon.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I had a suspicion that's what it was. That wheel is a known weak spot. Do you frequently wind the watch using the crown?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts