WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Tissot fans

Just wanted to share some pics of the upgrades made to my Tissot V8 Chronograph blue bezel.

First of all, I have nothing against the OEM standard watch setting, its just that I wanted to make it (IMHO) more versatile and easy to wear. In addition I found the blue bezel very easy to scratch and dent with the discoloration related problems. Finally the blue color in the bezel is a very shiny metallic one, compared with the more subtle and dressy navy blue on the dial (that I love)

Anyway, the watch was originally like this (pics from internet, didn't have mines handy)

1.jpg
2.jpg

I went to my local Tissot official service and requested the plain stainless steel colored bezel, to make it more subtle and versatile. Took 1 week to arrive from CHF, results below

3.2.JPG
with the OEM bracelet

3.JPG

in my opinion the watch character changed immediately

then looked for a replacement to the OEM band with which I had the same problems that some other WUS members: constantly bent spring bars and clunky sound from the non-solid end links.

I found a good deal on a bandenba brown leather strap with deployed clasp (maybe not as good as the original Tissot but very comfortable, good quality and sweet price!)

Then the long time waited new look suddenly showed up!

5.JPG

6.JPG

on wrist (as it has to be)

7.JPG

8.JPG

I am very pleased with this look, in my opinion the watch looks now more trendy, versatile and will definitely gain some more time on wrist! ;-) Thanks for watching (and sorry for the non-pro smartphone pics).

·
5,118 Posts
Wow! That looks great. I especially like the improvement the new bezel made. Nice work. :-!

Reactions: FERNANDO RODRIGUEZ

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The new bezel insert looks great! (Is it a new bezel or a new bezel insert?)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new bezel insert looks great! (Is it a new bezel or a new bezel insert?)
Actually the original Tissot replacement part is the whole bezel including the inner ss ring between the insert and crystal. With this change the watch immediately switches to brand new.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Fernando,

Awesome work.

Just wanted to share some pics of the upgrades made to my Tissot V8 Chronograph blue bezel.

I am very pleased with this look, in my opinion the watch looks now more trendy, versatile and will definitely gain some more time on wrist! ;-) Thanks for watching (and sorry for the non-pro smartphone pics).
Thanks very much for posting this, as you can see, we all like to see the connections between watch and owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow That looks Great! My situation is the opposite. I have the black dial with ss bezel and it has some very small nicks and fine scratches from wear over the years and I would like to upgrade to the black bezel. Where did you purchase the bezel from? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow That looks Great! My situation is the opposite. I have the black dial with ss bezel and it has some very small nicks and fine scratches from wear over the years and I would like to upgrade to the black bezel. Where did you purchase the bezel from? Thanks
Hello thebrit007.
Actually I made a lot of research on line. There is a post here in WUS (below) referring a UK dealer for the black bezel
https://www.watchuseek.com/f62/tissot-v8-replacement-bezel-933094.html
They didnt have the blue bezel so after few weeks I went to my local Tissot official rep and I found the prices surprisingly cheaper than the online option. FYI the lady in the office -Montreal- allowed me to check on her Tissot official dealer on-line catalog to decide which one I wanted and I saw their official internal price for the bezel is only CHF35! With the installation I finally paid CAD50 that think is a great price. Said this I strongly suggest you to check with your local official rep (and even bargain based on this certain price input) cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
May I ask how did you remove the bezel? I am thinking about buying a Tissot V8, But I really like the silver dial with black bezel :-s:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts