WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- well you did your job of advertising for JORG- good god I came on to look at a Airman and now I am settled on a Seatime- question is anyone have an idea of what the blue face with green bezel would look like? i like the idea in my head but hard to imagine as i dont know the real shade of the blue and dont want to turn a 1,000 dollar watch into a goofy looking thing :) ideas? thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't really know if green bezel /blue dial will fit., My choice would be black bezel/blue dial.
you by the way STUFFLER MIKE are also quite implicated with all the posts I read by you I slowly became a convert- so consider yourself owing me the money I would have if you didnt post so many awesome things :) ok Ill go with that black and blue it is
anyone incidently have a wrist shot of this baby in color combo?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm with Mike, I don't think the Blue/Green combo would look right unless you are trying to match a sports jersey or something?

I would suggest you start with a black dialed Seatime, and accessorize with all the coloured bezels. That is the safest and most versatile approach... and coincidently the approach I am taking with my Prodiver :-!

G

·
you by the way STUFFLER MIKE are also quite implicated with all the posts I read by you I slowly became a convert- so consider yourself owing me the money I would have if you didnt post so many awesome things :) ok Ill go with that black and blue it is
anyone incidently have a wrist shot of this baby in color combo?
I feel guilty now :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
991 Posts
In graphics work, I like pairing up blue with green or blue with orange. It really works. One is hues of cold, the other is cold against warm, but depending on the hues they can pop nicely against each other.

Here's how it works on a Windows Mobile Pocketpc (pda or pda-phone):

Here's some blue and orange: (not an option, I know, but it should be!)

And then some blues with green hilights:

This the WindowsXP look, and wow, it's blue and green!

The point being, certain hues of certain colors go nicely together, so don't discount the green bezel and blue dial. You just need to see some real world pics is all. It's the combo I'm most interested in as well... being as there's no orange bezel. :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
In graphics work, I like pairing up blue with green or blue with orange. It really works. One is hues of cold, the other is cold against warm, but depending on the hues they can pop nicely against each other.

Here's how it works on a Windows Mobile Pocketpc (pda or pda-phone):

Here's some blue and orange: (not an option, I know, but it should be!)

The point being, certain hues of certain colors go nicely together, so don't discount the green bezel and blue dial. You just need to see some real world pics is all. It's the combo I'm most interested in as well... being as there's no orange bezel. :)
I'm also a commercial artist, and I agree that the colours can work together in a graphics or marketing application, and was "trendy" about 10 years ago for logos etc. But we are talking about a $1000 watch here, not a billboard. If someone wants to create that combo on a Seatime, by all means go for it! Thats why Jorg offers all the colours, for customization, but the poster was asking for our opinions and in my opinion, it would be a look that would get old fast and would not be very versatile. The upside is he can always add a black bezel to class it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey all- well you did your job of advertising for JORG- good god I came on to look at a Airman and now I am settled on a Seatime- question is anyone have an idea of what the blue face with green bezel would look like? i like the idea in my head but hard to imagine as i dont know the real shade of the blue and dont want to turn a 1,000 dollar watch into a goofy looking thing :) ideas? thanks
Ryan
HI,

why don't you order a black AND green bezel (or other colours) ?! The extra bezels aren't very expensive and easy to change.
So you can switch between a more extraordinary look (blue/green, which would look pretty good imho) and a more conservative look (blue/black).

For example I'm wearing my orange dial Seatime with a green bezel from time to time - questions ?! :-db-)

Greetings,
Andreas

·
Registered
991 Posts
Those were all free, created for fun - it's called skinning, it's not commercial graphics, it doesn't go on a billboard - but how colors work together doesn't change from medium to medium. If you want shades of cold, then blue and green is absolutely an option.

The OP just needs to see the combo on the Seatime to know if it's for him.

But man, blue and orange. I'd love to see an orange bezel.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI,

why don't you order a black AND green bezel (or other colours) ?! The extra bezels aren't very expensive and easy to change.
So you can switch between a more extraordinary look (blue/green, which would look pretty good imho) and a more conservative look (blue/black).

For example I'm wearing my orange dial Seatime with a green bezel from time to time - questions ?! :-db-)

Greetings,
Andreas
Yes that would work! Stuffler Mike- I also now bought an Ikarus due to your response to my email- thanks :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Those were all free, created for fun - it's called skinning, it's not commercial graphics, it doesn't go on a billboard - but how colors work together doesn't change from medium to medium. If you want shades of cold, then blue and green is absolutely an option.

The OP just needs to see the combo on the Seatime to know if it's for him.

But man, blue and orange. I'd love to see an orange bezel.
I agree, I'd love to see an orange bezel too!

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Phun with Photoshop, as if Jörg doesn't have enough to do without making us an orange bezel. :)

I'd get two bezels, but I suck at anything requiring me to use my hands that is not a wind instrument or a ukulele.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Phun with Photoshop, as if Jörg doesn't have enough to do without making us an orange bezel. :)

I'd get two bezels, but I suck at anything requiring me to use my hands that is not a wind instrument or a ukulele.
Changing bezels is a snap, literally. I can change mine in under 60 seconds. Once you do it once, and understand how to snap it back on, it is very simple. Go for it!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm just afraid I'll break it during that first time. I understand the theory of it though. That said, I managed to put on a Hirsch Mobile strap today - without the fitting tool and have it work the first time.

Well ok, I lucked out and picked the right way around the first time, but with me this is the exception rather than the rule. :)

If I were to get two bezels, it'd be a toss-up between either green or yellow and then the prodiver bezel (with blue dial I think).

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm just afraid I'll break it during that first time. I understand the theory of it though. That said, I managed to put on a Hirsch Mobile strap today - without the fitting tool and have it work the first time.

Well ok, I lucked out and picked the right way around the first time, but with me this is the exception rather than the rule. :)

If I were to get two bezels, it'd be a toss-up between either green or yellow and then the prodiver bezel (with blue dial I think).
There is nothing to break, really! If I have time, I'll shoot an mpeg video of the process so you can see how easy it is.

(Edited by moderator, sales only in the sales corner please)

Good day,
Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts