WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which direction do you wind your watch with?
An upward or downward stroke?

Which direction is it for the Planet Ocean?
I cant seem to hear the "clicking" to tell me the winding is full.

Is it the same for all watches?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Which direction do you wind your watch with?
An upward or downward stroke?

Which direction is it for the Planet Ocean?
I cant seem to hear the "clicking" to tell me the winding is full.

Is it the same for all watches?

i think most wind clockwise (thumb stroke going up) but this is a very uninformed view. the one mechanical i own i wind both ways as it's easier than winding just one way. i was told this was not good for the watch but it has so far survived unscathed.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
It's an Automatic- stick it on your wrist, set time and go!
All I've seen wind 'clockwise' but there must be exceptions.
Don

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Every watch I've owned, regardless of what side the crown is on winds the same direction. When looking at the face and the crown is on the right side (regardless if dial is upside down) the crown is rolled forward or away from the body. - David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Clockwise (no pun intended). Frog, anybody ever suggest to you that you think about this stuff too much? :-d:-d:-d Just yanking your chain, pal....

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
And the prize for the most random question goes to Frogman!!! :-!

I never realised there was more than one way until now. And for the record my thumb goes up ;-)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Some automatic watches click when they are wound (e.g., Omega Black GMT). Others do not (e.g., Rolex). Your Planet Ocean sounds like it does not. There was a technical reason why some movement designs click on TZ, but I can't remember the in's and out's.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trojan (john),

did you forget that i declared myself a WIS?

On a serious note, im here to learn from you chaps as well. my WIS level is 0.03% and knowledge filled only 1/3. still a long way to learn from you guys. its the bits of details that count.

but i;d say this omega forum is the best. |>

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Omegaholic. this thread specifically asks which direction do you wind the crown. the other thread didnt discuss that....

·
Registered
162 Posts
My PO does click when fully wound, though it's quite soft. Try holding it up to your ear. Its a double clicking sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts