WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear brothers
i am a newbie in this forum and was attracted deeply by U1 previously. (however i got a seiko marinemaster instead at that time!)
Now i turn my attention to 656 instead, during the search in the internet, i also notice a similar watch DasmakoDA36. They look and price almost similar to another.
Please comment on them and help me in the decision.
thanks a lot in advance
regards
pixie

PS i never regret to get the seiko MM instead of U1:-D

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
check out the ongoing DA36 vs. 656 discussion on the German watch forum:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=35970

I'd say, that the Damasko has some better features compared to the Sinn, but I'd chose the 656 anytime for its appearance. But then, it all boils down to personal taste after all. Good luck in your quest!
Exactly my opinion as well. The DA36 is a pure-bred tool watch, the 656 is one of the rare watches that can double as tool and sports/dress watch. Euro for Euro the DA36 is the better deal, what with the ice-hardened case, but the 656 makes up for this by its versatility.
I have the 656, by the way ... and I hope to complement it with a DA 46 (with the bezel) some day. B-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly my opinion as well. The DA36 is a pure-bred tool watch, the 656 is one of the rare watches that can double as tool and sports/dress watch. Euro for Euro the DA36 is the better deal, what with the ice-hardened case, but the 656 makes up for this by its versatility.
I have the 656, by the way ... and I hope to complement it with a DA 46 (with the bezel) some day. B-)
thanks for your replies
it;s a tough call
let's see what happens.......O|

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am a huge fan of Sinn, but I'm a bit disappointed by the

lack of hardening on the 656 case and bracelet. It isn't expensive to do that, and it would put the 656 into a whole new category. If it were my choice, I'd get the Damasko for that reason alone in preference over the 656. Failing that, however, I can hugely recommend the 856. The dial is almost the same except for the GMT subdial, and the case is not only hardened, but just that bit bigger that puts it in a size range I like, (40mm vs. 38mm). The difference is well worth it for the extra features.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts