WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the shutdown has shutdown the signal from Colorado? I know the websites are down and my watches don't seem to be receiving so I'm guessing the transmission is out of order at the moment. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Yep, if you go to the NIST website and check for time, you don't get it.

Actually, this would be a good time to see how your G-Shock reacts to no signal. There shouldn't be any level indication, right?

Btw, there's an alternate for on-line checking that is still active: US Naval Oceanography

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
My Gs are still receiving the signal, too.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
why would it be shut down? ridiculous
US gov. and American in general aren't that petty and calculated

if it ever gets shut down, i think Canada should offer to pay for its operation LOLz

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why would it be shut down? ridiculous
US gov. and American in general aren't that petty and calculated

if it ever gets shut down, i think Canada should offer to pay for its operation LOLz

Why? Well USNO and NIST and all the corresponding web sites are shut down. Phones not answered. In general it's a shutdown of this piece of the US government. Calculated and ridiculous for sure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
@midnight last night, the automatic sync was successful, just now turning midnight (from Thursday to Friday), the automatic sync was a fail, but that doesn't mean anything because occasionally, it DOES fail...maybe because I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia... However, that said, I forced sync'd it and it was successful

·
Registered
772 Posts
The signal broadcast is probably automated and thus far mine is unaffected. As for shuttering the websites, its petty gamesmanship.
It is not petty gamesmanship. The US government cannot spend money that congress hasn't appropriated. An exception is made in this case for critical functions. Timing is critical for some things, so surely NTP services are continuing, and apparently the radio broadcast is still live. Website access is not critical, because it's only used by humans. And if it costs money on an annual basis, they can't keep spending money for it until new money is appropriated.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My watches got the signal last night too.

We ought to close this thread and move it to the bottom of the board. Let's not call attention to something else that could be shut down. Only half joking.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.