WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All.

Has anyone used this gentlemen before to have their watch serviced? http://www.usawatchservice.com/

His cost for full service of my 2254 with replacement of my faded second hand from red to well no color at all is $275. If anyone has used him before or has heard of his service please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Sounds to me like no one has heard of him. It looks a reasonable enough price to me. Beyond that, who knows?

·
Registered
575 Posts
All.

Has anyone used this gentlemen before to have their watch serviced? http://www.usawatchservice.com/

His cost for full service of my 2254 with replacement of my faded second hand from red to well no color at all is $275. If anyone has used him before or has heard of his service please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
Pricing seems a little on the high side but not all that outrageous. The 24-month guarantee is longer than the typical 12-month though, and if he'll throw in the *proper* replacement hand (not a generic) it seems somewhat reasonable.

I do find it slightly odd that he uses the AWCI logo but does not provide his AWCI #. Perhaps a simple oversight.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Before you use this person, ask him to guarantee in writing if the watch gets damaged [e.g tool marks etc] he will pay to mend it.

If he does guarantees, get the watch, take a newspaper and take the photo of your watch before giving it to him [with the newspaper in shot].

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the responses all great ideas. $275 is the cheapest I could find so far. I was hoping someone on here has used him before, I really hate to be the first:)

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Hey thanks for the responses all great ideas. $275 is the cheapest I could find so far. I was hoping someone on here has used him before, I really hate to be the first:)
Yes, be CAREFUL. Look at what happened to John Wilsons watch... and he used Omega themselves.
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=162140

If you read some of the older posts [do a search] you will see some of the horror stories about damaged watches, misaligned hands, dust under dial, wrong batteries fitted [mine] etc. All for just fixing minor issues or just servicing.

If you know someone trustworthy, even if it costs you a little more, go with them. Would you trust your car to some yokel mechanic if you knew your mechanic could do it right for just a hundred bucks more?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well at this point I don't know anyone trustworthy, so that's why I am posting. The places that people have given me that are trustworthy so far are in the 350 dollar range which I consider high. Ideally this guy at $275 will pan out. I'm supposed to talk to him on the phone this afternoon and the website addresses all the issues posted here except the tool marks. So...I'll post my findings after I talk to him. I do appreciate all the feedback everyone has given. This website is a godsend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well at this point I don't know anyone trustworthy, so that's why I am posting. The places that people have given me that are trustworthy so far are in the 350 dollar range which I consider high. Ideally this guy at $275 will pan out. I'm supposed to talk to him on the phone this afternoon and the website addresses all the issues posted here except the tool marks. So...I'll post my findings after I talk to him. I do appreciate all the feedback everyone has given. This website is a godsend.

I generally tend to go the cheapest way possible myself but when you've spent a significant amount of money on a luxury watch, whats another $75? For that extra $75 you get the peace of mind knowing that the guy has been tried and tested by other people and that he more than likely will not rip you off. Personally I would save up the extra $75 knowing that the investment in my watch is safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts