WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find a good used Breitling for <$1000 or is that an impossibility? If so, what models/year/condition could be expected for that?

Just curious...

Peace

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can find them for under $1000. I've seen Colts and Superoceans for that price.
Maybe so but for a second hand watch i think an overhaul is a must and since that's around 400$ for a mechanical you can figure that the price you will pay will rise over 1000$....and if the seller did that certenally you won't find the watch at <1000$...............MHO

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a used watch. I'm sure you can find someone reputable selling one in your price range. Do keep in mind that servicing is on the high side so just keep a little for your budget. Brietling owners are always upgrading, so just find one that takes care of his watches.

Good luck

·
Registered
953 Posts
I agree with mbakes. You should be able to find Colts and maybe a SuperOcean. Yes, overhauls are $400 - $600, but that service is recommended after abour 5 years, and speaks more to a chronograph. Stick with a simple non-chronograph and you should do fine. I think I saw a one or two on TZ today.

As we always say around here - buy the Seller first.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts