WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am thinking about buying my first used Rolex, a Datejust to be used as a dress watch, I found one I really liked at Overstock.com. Would you guys ever buy one from there, can they be trusted for such an expensive item?:think:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I have had excellent experience with Overstock.com with electronics. Their customer service was top notch and shipping was fast. Mind you these items were under $1000 and not watches. If I knew the watch was authentic, at a good price, and could pay with my credit card, yes I would buy it.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Overstock is a respected site here in the states. However, on something so expensive I would make sure you understand the return policy on the particular watch. If it is a no hassel return, I'd say go for it. If not, I would avoid it.

Looks like they are pretty specific about returns... (from their site) I didn't see anything else about a warranty, did you check Amazon?

Jewelry, Watches and Accessories:
To return a jewelry or watch order that falls within our standard 30-day Returns Policy, send your item back for inspection.. A Master Certified Watchmaker or Graduate Gemologist rigorously inspects jewelry and watch returns, which are subject to stringent guidelines. Overstock.com accepts only new, unworn, and non-altered items (including sizing) for return and refund, except according to Overstock.com’s Jewelry and Watch Returns Condition policy.
If there was damage to your item during shipping, or you suspect tampering, keep the box and/or packaging, which the carrier will want to inspect, and contact us immediately.
To initiate a return, visit the “My Account” link at Overstock.com and click “Returns” under your “Order History.” Package separately jewelry and watches with a value of $100 or more, one item per package, and send to Overstock.com using a trackable shipping method. We will ask for a tracking number for each item. You must insure items valued at $500 or more for the full value of the item(s). Overstock.com accepts no responsibility, regardless of value, for untrackable or uninsured items and cannot accept your return. Be sure to check with your preferred carrier, as UPS, FEDEX and USPS each have different tracking and insurance policies.
Send jewelry and watch returns to:
Overstock.com
960 South 3600 West
Salt Lake City, UT
For security, please do not write “jewelry” or “watch” on the outside of the package. DO NOT write directly on watch boxes.
Jewelry and Watch Returns Condition Policy:
A Master Certified Watchmaker or Graduate Gemologist rigorously inspects jewelry and watch returns, which are subject to the following guidelines:
1. Excellent: (100% Refund minus $10 inspection fee and shipping)

• Falls within Overstock.com’s Jewelry & Watch 30-day Return Policy.
  • Pristine showcase condition. Looks new, unworn and needs no refurbishing.
  • Arrives in new, undamaged original box or case.
  • Complete with all original parts, links and accessories.
  • Complete with all original certificates, manuals, appraisals and tags.
  • No evidence of sizing, service, alteration, wear or blemish of any kind.
  • Any attached Mylar tags are unbroken.
2. Good: (40% to 80% Refund)

• Falls within Overstock.com’s Jewelry & Watch 30-day Return Policy.
  • Restorable to “like-new” condition.
  • Arrives in new, undamaged original box or case.
  • Complete with all original parts, links and accessories.
  • Complete with all original certificates, manuals, appraisals and tags.
  • Sizing, service, alteration, wear or blemish of any kind that we cannot refurbish.
  • Any attached Mylar tags are unbroken.
3. Fair: (0% to 40% Refund)

• Falls within or outside Overstock.com’s Jewelry & Watch 30-day Return Policy.
  • Non-refurbishable cosmetic defects (e.g. scratched or rubbed off gold plating or special finishes and scratched/ripped bands of leather or rubber).
  • Missing or damaged original box.
  • Missing any parts, links or accessories (subject to evaluation for each).
  • Missing original certificates, manuals, appraisals and tags.
  • Significant wear or damaged but repairable watch movement.
4. Poor: (NO Refund)

• Falls outside Overstock.com’s Jewelry & Watch 30-day Return Policy.
  • Items do not match the original serial number or SKU number.
  • Mechanical damage that is non-repairable or significant cosmetic damage.
  • Wear, blemish or cosmetic damage or damaged watch movement due to inappropriate wear or use.
  • Missing original box or case.
  • Missing significant parts, links or accessories.
  • Missing original certificates, manuals, appraisals and tags.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
yes even in the UK I know of overstock.com and they are a trusted site for sure.
friends purchased great ORIS deals a few years ago.

go for it if the deal is good.

why do people just post one line responses like "never" without backing the reason up?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Overstock is a respected site here in the states. However, on something so expensive I would make sure you understand the return policy on the particular watch. If it is a no hassel return, I'd say go for it. If not, I would avoid it.

Looks like they are pretty specific about returns... (from their site) I didn't see anything else about a warranty, did you check Amazon?
There is a 1 year vendor warranty, I have ordered watches from them before all under $500 though, so I'm still thinking long and hard. Thanks of the replies.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yes even in the UK I know of overstock.com and they are a trusted site for sure.

why do people just post one line responses like "never" without backing the reason up?
Because.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Sorry, couldn't resist :) No, seriously I personally would NEVER buy a Rolex from a site that did not specialize in Rolex. Rolex is Rolex and you should (in my opinion) buy from someplace that specializes. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the "never" but accidentally hit reply and had to help my Wife in the kitchen. Cheers!

·
Registered
224 Posts
They don't say how old the watch is so it's hard to judge how good of a deal it is, however on your question on 18k - it's solid 18k not plated.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

This would be an excellent question for the Rhetorical Forum :-!.

·
Registered
81 Posts
what the hell do you care where it comes from - if it is sold/purchased legally and is authentic and as described what does it matter. The watch will not be more of Rolex (or any other brand) if you pay more for the same watch from some AD. The only difference is you can feel more snooty because you know you paid TOP Dollar for it

Overstock is a respected company and since they offer a 30 day return it offers you plenty of time to inspect the watch and make sure it is what you paid for.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had purchased a few items @ Overstock.com before, they're seem to be a very legit, their customer service is top notch and delivery also excellent, I can track my order once its leave their warehouse. most expensive item purchased was an Ebel Discovery 1911 watch , at the time I paid $ 2100.00 for it . I paid with my credit card at the time , just in case i had issue with the watch or returnning issue or a fake, i can contact my credit card company so they can intervene or stop a payment on it.
after receiving the watch I immediately took it to AD for inspection, turned out the watch was an authentic watch, the only thing is if something is wrong with the watch I cannot get Warranty from Ebel service center sinced it's consider grey Market watch, I would have to send the watch to Overstock. com for repair and which I am ok with that.
I am still wearing my Ebel watch as my daily wearer, but i do agree with Snowbird1...with Rolex watches Overstock.com they do not disclosed the production date therefore it's hard to justified how old the watch is and what is current market value for that particular rolex that you're trying to buy.

hope this help your buying decision.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Before you buy from Overstock, please chat with their customer service rep. and give them the item #, they should be able to tell you what the serial number would be. But with so many options, why Overstock? There are TRF trusted sellers, but also there are Bernard Watch, Bob's Watches, Swiss-Wrist, and etc. who are very reputable used or mint Rolex dealers with very competitive prices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts