WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I purchased a mint DW5035 35th anniversary. Watched tracking all day -saying delivery by 8pm.

Well I was home all afternoon and did a check on it around 710pm.
it said delivered and signed for! but carrier never xame to my door and I cant even begin to wonder what unit he delivered to- its a big complex. I doubled checked my PP that it had correct unit # and it does.

I emailed seller about the situation and ill be going to post office in AM but what is my recourse?
I dont want a refund, i want the actual watch but odds are, whoever signed for it probably already opened it. ugh.

what do I do?
is seller protected because carrier delivered to wrong unit?
do i have to make a police report for Ebay and Pp?
Will Post office own up to its mistake?
TIA

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Re: USPS says delivered & signed of a DW5035..but not by me! recourse?

Will Post office own up to its mistake?
Don't want to laugh but I have to chuckle at that one.

Hopefully, the seller shipped with the right amount of insurance. Ideally, he refunds you (or PayPal does) and waits for the insurance payout rather than you taking it on the chin, even if it's temporarily.

Best of luck.

Reactions: memento_mori

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

I had something like that with the USPS once. Delivered, and signed for, but not by me. USPS GPS tracking wasn't working that day. They had no idea where it went. I let them and the company fight it out, but I got my goods.

Just keep after them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
GBDH1000-1A7 "G-Squad," Deep Blue Master 500, Casio MDV106D-1A1V "Duro"
2,833 Posts
Reactions: Rocat

·
Registered
927 Posts

Upsetting, but you are covered multiple ways. Not sure about the PO (probably, though), but even if they don't, Paypal for sure will have your back, and I sure hope it was insured by the sender. For such an item, he should. It didn't go through Customs, did it? And who knows, whoever opened/received it may bring it over.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Upsetting, but you are covered multiple ways. Not sure about the PO (probably, though), but even if they don't, Paypal for sure will have your back, and I sure hope it was insured by the sender. For such an item, he should. It didn't go through Customs, did it? And who knows, whoever opened/received it may bring it over.
hopefully they think its just a plastic watch and not g shock savants!

·
Registered
381 Posts

This is why I question the usefulness of signature confirmation.

I had a package signed for by family at home, and the tracking says that I had signed it (my full name). There was no image of the signature.

Now, what if it had gone to the wrong address and someone else signed for it? Well...it'd just say I signed for it, so I'd have no recourse at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Good news! was just delivered to my front door, I signed for it but carrier didnt ask for id. Showed him the delivered and signed update from yesterday on my phone but he didnt know why that would be. Im thinking like that article mentioned, its showing as delivered ahead of time to pump up the numbers for On Time Deliveries.
Nonetheless, happy its here and Ive updated seller and im sure he'll be relieved too.

20181212_091842.jpg

20181212_091928.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sometimes delivery people will mark something as delevered, even if it isn't. The reason is the tight tracking of the delivery people. Yes, it is counterproductive; but then, a lot of metrics are.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad it showed up! I had someone sign for something and steal my package once. Luckily it was just an oven mitt and not a watch. People suck.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread:

after complaining to my USPS mail guy about something similar - a package was marked "delivered" hours before I received it - he let me in on a secret: some mail carriers mark all of their packages delivered at the beginning of their routes so they don't have to deal with the hassle of doing them individually.

Sucks but that's the reality, at least for some.

Glad you got your watch!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Re: USPS says delivered & signed of a DW5035..but not by me! recourse? New Update!

Sometimes delivery people will mark something as delevered, even if it isn't.
This happened to me twice already. In both instances delivery was marked at an early morning hour. I think (think) what may be happing here is that a few delivery people may be scanning their entire load as delivered when they are in reality still at the Post Office and just loading their vehicles. That may create this confusion of course and if for some reason they can't deliver your item the same day and it remains on the vehicle, then it is even more confusing.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I had a nice watch sent FedEx from the Zon.
When it arrived at Ft Worth, Tx is was passed off to USPS
Then it fell into the DARK HOLE!!!
Notified the Zon and they shipped a dupl watch. Next Day
Delivery. Zon sez this happens a lot!!!

When I order from Amazon now, I always request 1 day
Delivery. The Zon is in Ft Worth. They are expanding their
service to Air Freight at Ft Worths Alliance Arpt. Way to Go
Zon!!!

X Traindriver Art

Wonder who got my Bulova Moon watch I ordered?

·
Registered
490 Posts

Good news! was just delivered to my front door, I signed for it but carrier didnt ask for id. Showed him the delivered and signed update from yesterday on my phone but he didnt know why that would be. Im thinking like that article mentioned, its showing as delivered ahead of time to pump up the numbers for On Time Deliveries.
Nonetheless, happy its here and Ive updated seller and im sure he'll be relieved too.

View attachment 13714003

View attachment 13714007
I know this is OT, but that is a lovely watch. Would you mind posting a few wrist pics? Thinking of getting one too

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
word of advice from a Professional. everyone should sign up for informed delivery from USPS because thieves are doing it and tracking deliveries of packages and checks. this if currently a threat that Feds are looking into how to secure up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, delivery guys mark delivered ahead of time to improve their ratings or something like that.

It's one of their weird practices, like that one time that we had a package marked as delivered for almost a week but no one knew where it was, on a later delivery I inquired the delivery guy and he said "Have you checked your balcony? When there's no one at home my colleagues sometimes throw stuff to the balconies". Thought he was kidding but there it was (1st floor balcony, nothing really olympic).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts