1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
On first impression I like it:-!

Now you will have list the Tech specs.
I know they are on the website.

Martin

PS, My one ***** about UTS,please get Nic to replace the springbars with screwed bars (Panerai style) a tool watch deserves it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'll be waiting for a LNIB example from Martin I think :-d.

I like the watch, but prices are steep.

Cheers,

Daddel.

·
Sponsor
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not steep at all if you consider it's a completely self made watch case, assembled by one person. Wait until you see the PVD version b-)

I'll be waiting for a LNIB example from Martin I think :-d.

I like the watch, but prices are steep.

Cheers,

Daddel.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
No need to, the spring bars are perfect. There is no benefit at all to screwed bars!
Hi,

Sorry,totally disagree owning watches that have both systems IMO screwed bars beat springbars everytime but in your defence at least the lugs are drilled.The IWC push method is better than both.

I would however still sing the praises of UTS,superb watches:-!

Martin

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Steve,
I have to agree completely with you, sturdy spring bars and fully drilled lugs are superior, I have never seen one fail, if seated correctly and I never see the scuffs/scratches that exist on nearly every tube and screw watch I have ever owned. I just do not understand the benefit of tubes and screws, even the most careful person will slip with a screwdriver and nick up the lugs. Preceived benefit is greater than reality in this case, especially for those of us not doing commercial diving or jungle/desert recon. Read every sales form for tube and screw system watches and there is the obligate "scratches on the lugs from strap changes", probably the reason I use natos for most of these watches. I change straps frequently with my UTS ,U1 because of this.
I know a little bit of a rant but it is a pet peave of mine
EDS
No need to, the spring bars are perfect. There is no benefit at all to screwed bars!

·
Sponsor
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course spring bars are good enough for Rolex too! But I will leave it to the mechanical engineer who designed the watch to decide what is best, he says spring bars are best and that screwed tubes are just a gimmick.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I love mine!!! and the springbar issue does not matter to me. It used to, but not now. Drilled lugs and well made springbars are all that matter. Well done UTS!!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think the UTS Chronograph is supurb. But, I do agree that spring-bars are not as sturdy as screws and tubes. I have an Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono which I have broken one springbar, and several of the bracelet pin/collars worked loose. Now, I'd think that these are pretty heavy duty spring bars on the Omega. I was just lucky that the watch didn't smack the concrete. I'll take screws and tubes over springs and pins anyday. Even a little scratch or scuff on the lug can be taken care of better than a case that drops to rough hard concrete from about 4 feet up.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Of course spring bars are good enough for Rolex too! But I will leave it to the mechanical engineer who designed the watch to decide what is best, he says spring bars are best and that screwed tubes are just a gimmick.

In all my years on watch and knife forums, I don't believe I have ever hit "Quote Reply" without first deleting the IMG links (waste of bandwidth if you don't, IMHO). This is a first.

That is one AWESOME piece of machinery. :-!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have had the screws loosen and fall out the tubes more frequently than a springbar break, some have even recommended using loctite to the screws to avoid them unscrewing
eds

·
Sponsor
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, it really is an awesome watch!

In all my years on watch and knife forums, I don't believe I have ever hit "Quote Reply" without first deleting the IMG links (waste of bandwidth if you don't, IMHO). This is a first.

That is one AWESOME piece of machinery. :-!

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
screwed tubes are great if you invest in the right tools. But I still get watches with spring pins off the sales forum with just as many scratches. I don't approve of that at all. most of the time it wasn't disclosed in the sale.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts