WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my usual search for new and unusual German Watches when I came accross this. Is it me or does this not look like something from UTS??? Case and dial are very similar to my 3000.

I guess it says something for UTS that they are being copied.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Something like imitation is the highest form of flattery
I love my UTS watches they have rapidly become my favorites,what great workmanship design, and originality, it is nice to see someone not knopcking them out with stock cases!

S

·
0 Posts
I was doing my usual search for new and unusual German Watches when I came accross this. Is it me or does this not look like something from UTS??? Case and dial are very similar to my 3000.

I guess it says something for UTS that they are being copied.
DIEVAS isn´t german ;-)

Pic by WUS sponsor gnomonwatches

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I think it's a good looking watch at 10% of the cost of a UTS.

S

·
0 Posts
I think it's a good looking watch at 10% of the cost of a UTS.
Good looking ? Maybe the case, bracelet and bezel, the hour hand is awful (to thick, to short). The seconds hand needs a small adjustment or is it just the angle ?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Looks are subjective of course and we all know how often seconds hands miss the mark on quartz watches.
My expensive UX had the same problem (and more).

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Like all the Dievas range its a "homage" and quite inexpensive i do not think it pretends to be,equal or compete with the original in this case UTS,but maybe allows a larger market to experience a watch type,just think Rolex.

Martin

·
Registered
749 Posts

Thank You everyone for their interest in our Dievas watches.
First off, let me clear the air for everyone.
For one, Dievas OceanTimer 1330 was designed by us. And we have the pictures to back it up as well.

If you compare it side by side, I am very sure its a totally different watch from the UTS.

The hands, dial, case and etc was made by and for us. We even have the moldings with us now.

Imitation is a very strong word to use. IMO, a watch manufactured by another party with another company's registered trademark is an imitation.

Our watches are in no way meant to be an imitation. We use the best grade material for the OceanTimer to prove that quality can be bought at a low value. From 316L stainless steel to Grade A(flawless) sapphire crystal. Everything is nothing but the best. That is our philosophy for Dievas.

Some consumers look for quality and some look for value for money. I rekon Dievas has both.

Design like Tragic said is personal. Its either you like it or not. We do not hold anything against that.

Anyway different strokes for different folks.

Best Regards
Anders

·
Registered
749 Posts
Here are some pictures taken by an owner(Dookie) that pretty much shows the finishing and quality of our watches.

You decide if its worth the money. ;-)

Take note of the bezel. We use a mix of beadblast and satin brushed finishing to create some contrast and lines. I rekon there are not much manufacturers who has gone to that sort of extend. In short, there are a total of 5 finishing on the OceanTimer.

1) Circular satin brush on the bezel and caseback
2) Straight satin brush on the lugs and bracelet
3) High polished on the sides of the case
4) Beadblast on the inner bezel and edges of bezel
5) Brushed metal dial that catches light at different angles

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like it minus the hands...Does kinda remind me of my UTS but not enough to call it a copy...

·
Registered
751 Posts
SORRY, but in Georgia, that "AIN'T NO UTS" by a long shot ! :-d

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
It's not meant to be.
It's a Dievas Oceantimer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice looking watch. But, I don't really see any resemblence with the UTS - it doesn't even have the charicteristic UTS alen-bolted end pieces.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Anders,

Interestingly I no longer see UTS listed on your site?
Do you still carry there stuff, or just the homage?
eds

Thank You everyone for their interest in our Dievas watches.
First off, let me clear the air for everyone.
For one, Dievas OceanTimer 1330 was designed by us. And we have the pictures to back it up as well.

If you compare it side by side, I am very sure its a totally different watch from the UTS.

The hands, dial, case and etc was made by and for us. We even have the moldings with us now.

Imitation is a very strong word to use. IMO, a watch manufactured by another party with another company's registered trademark is an imitation.

Our watches are in no way meant to be an imitation. We use the best grade material for the OceanTimer to prove that quality can be bought at a low value. From 316L stainless steel to Grade A(flawless) sapphire crystal. Everything is nothing but the best. That is our philosophy for Dievas.

Some consumers look for quality and some look for value for money. I rekon Dievas has both.

Design like Tragic said is personal. Its either you like it or not. We do not hold anything against that.

Anyway different strokes for different folks.

Best Regards
Anders

1 - 15 of 15 Posts