WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you familiar with the legendary Dreadnought dive watch created by Eddie Platts you know that the mere mention of the name will invoke a battle royale the likes of which Rolex vs Omega owners can only dream of. Just about every thread on the dive forum I have seen involving discussion of the Dreadnought ends up locked or deleted. It appears this one is headed down the same path. It's kind of funny and elightening when you read a thread like this as an outsider looking in. I suppose this is just how ridiculous our little Rolex vs Omega wars appear. The original post does have a good article explaining the history of the Dreadnought and why it is what it is. That part is very informative. The rest is rapidly degenerating into childish crap. Enjoy. ;-) - David

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1060355*poststop

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Interesting read David. Not sure what the debate is all about. It often astounds me that people get so personal about their watches... Geez.... Its not like it s an Omega or a Rolex....;-):-d

For those of you familiar with the legendary Dreadnought dive watch created by Eddie Platts you know that the mere mention of the name will invoke a battle royale the likes of which Rolex vs Omega owners can only dream of. Just about every thread on the dive forum I have seen involving discussion of the Dreadnought ends up locked or deleted. It appears this one is headed down the same path. It's kind of funny and elightening when you read a thread like this as an outsider looking in. I suppose this is just how ridiculous our little Rolex vs Omega wars appear. The original post does have a good article explaining the history of the Dreadnought and why it is what it is. That part is very informative. The rest is rapidly degenerating into childish crap. Enjoy. ;-) - David

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Interesting read David. Not sure what the debate is all about. It often astounds me that people get so personal about their watches... Geez.... Its not like it s an Omega or a Rolex....;-):-d
Stick that up on the thread.....go on.....go on.......:-d

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I love it...............

Nothing quite like an arguement over an arguement. I've also never seen
a mod set ground rules before the arguement even got started. Cool.
jim
ps
What the hell is a "dreadnaught"?

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
I like it. It looks like a Doxa. It has design elements of other watches.

Some of these people need a cold shower. :-d

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
I was just reading the link from that thread. Can anyone tell me how much these watches go for or where I can find them please?

~JB

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just reading the link from that thread. Can anyone tell me how much these watches go for or where I can find them please?

~JB
Only 200 made and highly collectible now. You might as well go after a Ploprof. Check out the link in the original thread. It shows a world map where all known DN are located and who owns them. - David

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Only 200 made and highly collectible now. You might as well go after a Ploprof. Check out the link in the original thread. It shows a world map where all known DN are located and who owns them. - David
Yes. I glanced at that map. I think I saw one of the red dots move....

~JB

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Hah I can trump that!

Eddie only ever made 39 Goldbirds.

I own one and redialled it with a MkII dial

Maybe I should tell them...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Not sure what the debate is all about...
It seems to me that its about some posters getting shirty about their posts/threads being pulled, and secondly about the credibility of watches that resemble the DN, because they use the same Fricker produced case.

My opinion on both subjects is: if a post you've written gets deleted, deal with it. Secondly, watch designs, or rather case designs, CANNOT be patented. If someone decides to use the design for a different watch, deal with it.

Its really not worth getting worked up about.

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
I didn't even know what a 'Dreadnought' was until this thread :oops:

Although, I must agree that some moderators on WUS are excessively rude when in private talks with them. Of course Eric and Joe are a pleasure and we're lucky to have them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.