WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent the last 2 weeks on vacation watch hunting.I think I covered about a 50 mile radius from home,hitting every thrift store I could find,at least 50 some stores and realized just how rare the good finds really are.I normally hit a few stores daily after work and on weekends.It has been 1 year since I started this new obsession and had 3 good hits and lots of o k finds this year.This is all I found the last 2 weeks,It's not much but I had a lot of fun looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The second Benrus was an earlier find just posted it because of the inscription on the back may help with dating and i really want to get that one cleaned.the bulova is a 1968,missed my birth year by one year.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I like the case on that first Benrus and the Bulova is really nice. Is it missing the sweep second or just cant be seen in the photo?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the case on that first Benrus and the Bulova is really nice. Is it missing the sweep second or just cant be seen in the photo?
Thank you Giotime The Bulova is in pretty rough shape and needs some work.It's missing the second hand and the the crystal.

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Great finds!
The Bulova is the Oceanographer "D", and has a solid 10K gold bezel.
Good score!

£1972 oceanog D.jpg

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Another advert from three years before the above 1972 catalogue excerpt.

1969-Bulova-Oceanographer-D.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts