WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a picture of the movement? That would be a more decisive clue
Hi, unfortunately i could not open the back side, but 2 days ago, I gave it to the store of Vacheron Constantin in Zurich, they changed the battery. They could not find its serial number in their database, but they also did not say it is fake, but i am still wondering...

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
Seems to be many inconsistencies compared to most other Patrimony versions I have seen, but I have no experience with the Quartz version.

It would seem strange that Vacheron themselves wouldn't notice a fake.

How much did they charge you to change the battery by the way?

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems to be many inconsistencies compared to most other Patrimony versions I have seen, but I have no experience with the Quartz version.

It would seem strange that Vacheron themselves wouldn't notice a fake.

How much did they charge you to change the battery by the way?

Hi, yes, it seems quite different compared to other Patrimony models, but as you said it is a quartz version. They did not charge any fees to change the battery even though i have no warranty. This one is a very old watch as I know. I could not figure it out at all:/

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
Hi, yes, it seems quite different compared to other Patrimony models, but as you said it is a quartz version. They did not charge any fees to change the battery even though i have no warranty. This one is a very old watch as I know. I could not figure it out at all:/
Seems very unusual that they would simply change the battery without a service, especially for an old watch.
I would expect them to at least insist on an inspection and clean.
You say this was at the Zurich boutique on Bahnhofstrasse?

I’m sorry but there are too many things out of place with it such that it looks like a cheap fake.

The logo, the indices, the case, the back - all look wrong.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Vacheron Constantin keep a record of every single watch they produce. And have done so for almost their entire existence. It is very easy to find out whether the watch is a fake or not.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Vacheron Constantin keep a record of every single watch they produce. And have done so for almost their entire existence. It is very easy to find out whether the watch is a fake or not.
This! OP contact VC main point of contact directly. They will tell you based on their records

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
celline...Hello!

With all due respect: it is essentially impossible to authenticate a watch in the absence of images of the movement. If you have access to a Watchmaker, he or she will be able to easily remove this watch's case-back ( this one is a snap-fit ), then you will be able to make an image or two...after you Post these, you will have an answer.

Good Luck! Michael.

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
celline...Hello!

With all due respect: it is essentially impossible to authenticate a watch in the absence of images of the movement. If you have access to a Watchmaker, he or she will be able to easily remove this watch's case-back ( this one is a snap-fit ), then you will be able to make an image or two...after you Post these, you will have an answer.

Good Luck! Michael.
I somewhat agree, with a qualification.
Impossible to authenticate for sure - Yes.
But, on the other hand it IS possible to confirm as a fake - if there are enough other red flags to do so.
There are enough oddities in the case and dial for this to be in serious doubt as to it's authenticity.

That's possibly the best we can all do with the information provided at this stage.

The serial number not showing up in the database is a huge issue in itself as modern era VC's are all traceable.

It's very strange behaviour for VC or any VC authorised dealer to change a battery on a fake however. (For free even!)?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts