WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently stumbled across both this watches, so was wondering if u guys would buy a vacheron constantin fiftysix ( Ref:4600e/000a-b442) or a Blancpain villeret moonphase? Both in Steel. if so why ? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking around for a dress watch recently where both this timepiece caught my eye. Always wanted to own either brands in my collection and now as it is more affordable to me im stuck in a pickle between this two option.

·
Registered
14,993 Posts
As between those 2, the VC, I like the cleaner dial . . .

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Wow this is an interesting one. With the Blancpain you are getting more watch for your money for sure but you are also getting a busier watch as well. The triple calendar moonphase is a BP signature and the behind lug pushers are quite nice and unique to BP.

The VC created a new bottom to their range with the 56 and to me the watches I have seen from that line are not particularly wonderful. Also the movement does not carry a Geneva Seal and is based on a movement produced by Cartier. To me the 56 doesn't seem like a real VC. It is more a watch that is trading on the name trying to get younger buyers into the brand.

If you have your heart set on a VC I would save until I could afford a Traditionnelle, Patrimony, or Historiques model...or consider something second hand.

Between the two watches you selected I would pick the BP.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That VC is more like a smart-casual watch rather than a dress watch. Looks great though. That Blancpain is so old looking. And not timeless or vintage, but old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow this is an interesting one. With the Blancpain you are getting more watch for your money for sure but you are also getting a busier watch as well. The triple calendar moonphase is a BP signature and the behind lug pushers are quite nice and unique to BP.

The VC created a new bottom to their range with the 56 and to me the watches I have seen from that line are not particularly wonderful. Also the movement does not carry a Geneva Seal and is based on a movement produced by Cartier. To me the 56 doesn't seem like a real VC. It is more a watch that is trading on the name trying to get younger buyers into the brand.

If you have your heart set on a VC I would save until I could afford a Traditionnelle, Patrimony, or Historiques model...or consider something second hand.

Yea that what i heard about the VC, just wanted to know how true it was. On the other hand, I see many ppl with Patek, AP, Vach but not many with Blancpain. Why is that ??

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
Vacheron by a very wide margin

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Don't fancy much of VC in general, but I 'm a big fan of Blancpain.

Reactions: seanfarof

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Yea that what i heard about the VC, just wanted to know how true it was. On the other hand, I see many ppl with Patek, AP, Vach but not many with Blancpain. Why is that ??
I don't know where you live but I don't see VC and BP in the wild. I see lots of Nautilus and Royal Oak watches around. I have never seen an Overseas or Fifty Fathoms in the wild. More traditional round case watches are harder to spot.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would be picking the BP out of those two.
If we were choosing from VC Traditionelle 3 hand dress watch or VC Historique triple calendar 48 line it would be a different story.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
To me the 56 doesn't seem like a real VC. It is more a watch that is trading on the name trying to get younger buyers into the brand.
OMG please. It says VC its a VC. Period.

It is more a watch that is trading on the name trying to get younger buyers into the brand.
That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. VC employed a clear differentiation strategy. If younger people are making more money at a younger age (and they are in many parts of the world) then the brand needs something to offer those buyers that are opting for other brands.

But its not like they introduced a 2,000 USD watch. I think its a smart idea.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
To the op... you cant go wrong with either really. I think you dont see alot of Bp due to the fact that alot of ppl play the whole “for that amount” card or “for less you could get a...” card.

In both cases they may be right. Truthfully once you decide to pay more than 5 or so grand it isnt about logic anymore and you should buy what speaks to you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
OMG please. It says VC its a VC. Period.

That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. VC employed a clear differentiation strategy. If younger people are making more money at a younger age (and they are in many parts of the world) then the brand needs something to offer those buyers that are opting for other brands.

But its not like they introduced a 2,000 USD watch. I think its a smart idea.

It might be a good idea from a business perspective. I know Land Rover has increased sales by calling everything a Range Rover. A Range Rover Evoque doesn't really share many attributes with a real Range Rover, other than the branding, it is just a re-bodied Ford Escape with nicer suspension. That might be a little dramatic but the 56 changes what it means to be a VC owner.

At the end of the day, buy what you like, both are really nice watches.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

If you can stretch your budget, I think you should go for the Day Date or the Moonphase, from what I understand - those DO have the Geneva Hallmark Seal and are true in-house movements from VC. The basic time model is based off a Cartier movement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts