WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many or most of you have seen the news that VC is releasing the Quai de L'ile series in a new ref. 4500s in Stainless Steel. It's beautiful, in either the black or white dial configuration, and will come on brown croc with a black rubber strap as well. Retail is $14,900 USD. What do you guys think upon first glance and investigation? Also, when should we see it hit the boutiques/ADs, and what can we expect discount wise on release?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I saw the SJX article about it but there were no movement pics. It said the solid gold rotor was omitted (replaced with something not solid gold but not sure what). I'd like to see the movement in order to form an opinion. Certainly the new version, while less "risky" design-wise, is much more legible.

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah tungsten rotor... not sure how I feel about that. At first blush it screams 'WE'RE CUTTING COSTS WHEREVER WE CAN' but $15k isn't a cheap watch!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah not sure how discounts will be on the Quai de L'ile (or as Hodinkee calls it, the Quai de "I'ile") but you can get a Traditionelle in gold for less than $15k. I would go that route if I was spending $15k-ish on a VC.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yeah not sure how discounts will be on the Quai de L'ile (or as Hodinkee calls it, the Quai de "I'ile") but you can get a Traditionelle in gold for less than $15k. I would go that route if I was spending $15k-ish on a VC.
Yup, me too. In fact, that's what I did. ;-)

At 41mm x 11.75mm, it's not exactly svelte. At that size, you have to conclude that VC doesn't view it as a dress watch, but more casual--I would agree.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
I'm sure many or most of you have seen the news that VC is releasing the Quai de L'ile series in a new ref. 4500s in Stainless Steel. It's beautiful, in either the black or white dial configuration, and will come on brown croc with a black rubber strap as well. Retail is $14,900 USD. What do you guys think upon first glance and investigation? Also, when should we see it hit the boutiques/ADs, and what can we expect discount wise on release?
Upon release? I expect little to none.

Truly, the thing I like best about the QdL are the personalization options for it -- two tone grey being my favorite -- and that it is sporty enough that a simple strap change (all of them come with rubber and skin straps) totally changes its character. That said, it's not my kind of watch, even though it's a lovely watch.

All the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts